Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06' 93t
    Quote Originally Posted by TWillz View Post
    Hey Guys, I've had a saab for about a year and decided to upgrade the speakers. its a 2003 9-3 sedan. i bought Infinity references 3032cf, 6032si and 4032cf. the 6032's sound pretty bad and im thinking about starting again. anyone have any recommendations on a good speaker set to put in. also i was told I wouldn't be able to put a new stereo in the car. is it possible to do this?
    Did you install the 6032si's in the doors? I made that mistake. Most threads stop after recommending a component speaker, installing only the woofer...similar to above. I'm curious to find out what will actually fit in the door; I am going to attempt to put the 'Kicker CVT652' in my doors (fingers crossed). Hopefully I can do the same in the rear deck/shelf...subs accompanied by full range speakers.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-3
    how do the boston and polk sound? i like the high's of the infinity's nut i hate that they don't fit. do both these types fit under the grille? also does it matter if every speaker is the same brand or can you mix and match between the dash, rear, and doors. i did put the 6032's in the door and i only hear loud thumping like someone is kicking my car. how would you install speakers that aren't shallow mount like these? i've dealt with crutchfield and they were no help.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06' 93t
    Quote Originally Posted by TWillz View Post
    how do the boston and polk sound? i like the high's of the infinity's nut i hate that they don't fit. do both these types fit under the grille? also does it matter if every speaker is the same brand or can you mix and match between the dash, rear, and doors. i did put the 6032's in the door and i only hear loud thumping like someone is kicking my car. how would you install speakers that aren't shallow mount like these? i've dealt with crutchfield and they were no help.
    I agree,
    The stock door speakers provided a much smoother/cleaner bass. The Infinity's are more of a punching bass, which in a 6.5" 2-way speaker is more of a distorted punch at mid-higher volumes. I like the "kicking my car" reference...it's true.
    My 'Polk Audio db351' in my left and right dash are great and fit fine. The 'Boston Acoustics' are about double the price but many people have had success with them. Any speaker not meant to produce bass probably won't be great in the doors; likely have to stick with midwoofers or subwoofers. By the way my car is an 06'. The audio system was the same for several years but everything I'm refering to relates to the 7-speaker system. I think the 11 or 13 speaker system just has an additional amp and addtional speakers including 6x9's in the rear shelf/deck cutout.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-3
    ya i have the 7 speaker system. is there any other type of shallow mount speakers like those infinity's or do you have to modify it, and how would you modify it?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06' 93t

'Kicker CVT652' UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by DjTicojon75 View Post
    Did you install the 6032si's in the doors? I made that mistake. Most threads stop after recommending a component speaker, installing only the woofer...similar to above. I'm curious to find out what will actually fit in the door; I am going to attempt to put the 'Kicker CVT652' in my doors (fingers crossed). Hopefully I can do the same in the rear deck/shelf...subs accompanied by full range speakers.
    The Kicker's are monsters. They don't even come close to fitting. I'd have to bend steel to make these fit...
    The search goes on.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06' 93t
    Here’s my summary,
    The 2-ohm, shallow mount door speakers have really limited options. That and the fact that you’ll have to stick with component not coaxle pretty much leaves two options...the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs or the cheaper Infinity Reference 6030cs.
    The left/right dash speakers are also shallow mount but there are several options. Anyone looking to do minimal work and get maximum result should do this upgrade first.
    The rear deck has cut-outs for 6x9’s as well as 4’s. Since the head unit (radio) powers these speakers you won’t get much bang for your buck until you amp them...however installing a good pair of 6x9's would be a noticeable improvement over the stock 4's.

Shane
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t, 2006 9-3 Aero
    I have 6x9 Infinity's Kappa's in the back. Sound good. However, w/ iPod running on max, the system will cut-out. I'm assuming it's too much for the system. So, I turn the iPod down a bit to eliminate that issue. I plan on splicing in my amp with a regulator to power the rears. I read somewhere in a forum that this is about the only way to power the rears w/o creating a bigger issue. I have a Cerwin Vega 250 watt amp for the rears. I'm contemplating if I want to attempt to splice in my 100 watt Kicker into the front speakers. I'll have to investigate to see if it's feasible.
    When a Saab dies, the world becomes a little less quirky.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Aero 2.8 V6 Turbo Sedan
    With the 6x9's in the back parcel shelf that run off AMP2, does anyone know if the signal is EQ'd for low pass or is it a full frequency feed?

Saab(s)
    93 convertible

Question

Hallo
    I have this idea about speakers upgrade at my 300W system:

1. Buy JBL GTO6508C - Reproduktory JBL GTO6508C - Ahifi.cz. From this 2 Ohms system use 6,5" speaker at doors, and tweater use in dash (with crossower which has -6dB mute possibility, because on dash are 4 Ohms speakers)
      • alternative is buy INFINITY REF 6530CS - Reproduktory INFINITY REF 6530CS - Ahifi.cz ,but here is another type of crossower which have +3 db tweater sensitivity, and I think than is inpossible use it at dash with 4 ohm Hertz speakers, because tweaters will be to stong.

2. Buy HERTZ HL 70.4 midspeakers - Reproduktory HERTZ HL 70.4 - Ahifi.cz. This is Hi quality 4 Ohm speaker which I will connect without crossower to dash)

• Cheaper alternative is buy HERTZ DCX 87.3 - Reproduktory HERTZ DCX 87.3 - Ahifi.czand dissconect tweater from this coaxial speaker. I think tat qualitu of tweater from component speaker wil be higer.

Saab(s)
    93 convertible
    I am planing to implant this JBL P6563C set into prestige 300W system.
    -6,5" midbass 2ohms 94db to doors
    -3,5" midranges together with tweater to dashboard (it is 2ohms two but crossower has possibility to mute midbass and tweater -3db or -6db)

any experiences wit this JBL?