Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    That looks like fun!

Sorry about the TSL members, usually the guys from the north east tend to be a bit nicer and more mature than, well, most of the rest of the TSL members.

Who were they?
    Ha, aren't people from the north and east generally more mature?!
    Driver was one Pascal Belperron, but he didn't talk much. The whole group was from Charles River SAAB in Mass, and they have a facebook group you might be able to stalk to find more names. The really nasty guy told me his name but I forgot it.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I might be a member of that facebook group.

At least I might know some of them from another forum.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    I might be a member of that facebook group.

At least I might know some of them from another forum.
    Oh I don't care so much--One man's jerk is another man's joker. Or maybe the one nasty guy was having a bad day and took it out on me. It was the one nasty guy, combined with the lack of interest in talking about SAABs, that really caught me off guard, because here I was, a c900 guy, who climbed all the way up the mountain to see the race, and they responded with insults and a general flavor of "you're a noob". Could be that I didn't really look the part, with my nylon pants, rucksack, and trekking poles clearly labeling me a hiker (and therefore not a car enthusiast?).

Maybe if I'd actually gone in with the express purpose of interviewing them for a SW article, they would have been more responsive. (hmm, a good idea in retrospect, but I had no idea there were going to be any SAABs until I got there)
    Last edited by euromobile900; 27 June 2011 at 15:40.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    The British GP is on schedule this weekend. Currently Speed is showing practice. It's raining.

It;s a big weekend for my "home" track, Kentucky Speedway. All 3 NASCAR series are here and it;s the inaugural Sprint Cup race. The Camping World Truck series raced last night with Kyle Busch taking the checkered flag.

The Nationwide cars take to the track today, with qualifying taking place at 3:30 and the race at 7:30pm.

The Cup cars also qualify today and race tomorrow night.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    I
    ...Which happened to contain my least favorite people of the day. TSL members... They were nice to me until the subject turned to forums. They asked me what forums I was on and what my username was, and upon hearing "euromobile900", one told me it "sounds like something a 14-year-old would come up with". Such immature snarky commentary does not go over well with me.
    It seems the favoured method of communicating for a certain breed of young (and a few older) men -- pranks and pissing contests; a constant quest to gain an edge. He wanted to impress his buddies and as an "outsider" you were fair game. That's why I like SaabWorld -- the regulars here are nice folks who are comfortable with themselves.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Not all us TSL member are a$$holes.

I found TSL after receiving a less than warm welcome at SC.

All forums(except this one) have their jerks. Most of the people on TSL are good people. But you are dead on about people picking on the outsider.

Now, back to the racing talk.

Last night was the 2nd race of the weekend at KY Speedway in Sparta, KY when the Nationwide cars took to the track. I missed most of the race because I was washing my car, but Brad Kesolowski won, breaking Joey Logano's string of 3 wins in a row. The Sprint cup cars take to the track tonight, the field set by points due to rain washing out qualifying yesterday.

Formula 1 qualifying from Silverstone is on today at 8am(5 minutes from now)EST.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Webber on pole! Dare we dream of a win?

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    The inaugural Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway finished off this evening with Kyle Busch taking the checkered flag. The race was slowed by caution 4 times but there was only one crash, a single car wreck involving Clint Bowyer after he blew a tire. It was a very clean race with lots of good racing in the pack.

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan, but damn that boy can drive. Anything he gets he behind the wheel of, he'll drive the wheels off it!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    Webber on pole! Dare we dream of a win?
    Depends on how close Vettel is to Webber on the last lap.

I won;t get to see the race until noon Sunday, one of those races shown tape delayed on Fox.

I forgot that the Indy cars are racing in Toronto tomorrow on Versus at 2pm EST and the Grand Am series races live from Laguna Seca at 4pm EST on Speed.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    I won;t get to see the race until noon Sunday, one of those races shown tape delayed on Fox.
    I won't spoil it for you then (we get it live). A lot more media interest in F1 here in Perth this week as Silverstone was the debut of local boy Daniel Riccardo. Suffice to say, the only way is up for Daniel...

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    I won't spoil it for you then (we get it live). A lot more media interest in F1 here in Perth this week as Silverstone was the debut of local boy Daniel Riccardo. Suffice to say, the only way is up for Daniel...
    I appreciate that, thanks! Even though I know better to to go anywhere near anything that could spoil it for me.

That said, good race today, Ferrari stepped up their game finally.

Kyle Busch won the inaugural Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway last night in a pretty uneventful race.

Dario Franchitti won the Indy car race in Toronto.