Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    Flushed with success I decided to tackle the vert's drivers door, which has a nasty problem... it can easily open so wide that the little retainer pin goes past the detent and keeps going until it falls off its guide and jams the door wide open. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, if you were here I could demonstrate. I think it happens because the little grooved detent wheel is worn -- not much I can do about that bar buying a new hinge. (A design flaw if you ask me; there should be some sort of backup retainer/strap to ensure the door can't open so wide.)
    My door (right - passenger - side) is starting to have that problem. I'm not looking forward to tackling it, so I may try your rubber block idea.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Euro900, that little episode was right up the road from where you will be working.

I was working (and living), at the High Point Park which kind of joins up with the Del Gap National Forest. If you get over there, I lived in the large stone building by the monument. That oil thing was just me being so happy to see another human since I worked pretty much alone all week, that and two cans of beer and I forgot all about the plug. Imagine that whole valley with speed boats and marinas along with the condo projects. The dam would have filled the valley from The Gap almost all the way to High Point.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    I will, luckily, be working in a group. On one hand, this means no beer. On the other hand...I can talk. I'm certainly happy the dam and reservoir didn't happen--as a result, I am (temporarily) employed!
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Steve
    Saab(s)
    '02 9-5 Aero, '89 900S
    Just put in an airbag system in the rear of the 900. All in all, the project went well, especially considering I got the airbag system for free! It was a straight forward install and I love the fact that you dont need a spring compressor for the rear springs. Had to drill one hole in the rear of the car to run the air supply line into the trunk. I ran about 28psi in them (although slightly different than the factory saab bags, thats whats recommended) the other day with a full load and didnt touch the bumpstops once. You can feel how stiff the rear is now and doesnt affect ride quality negatively. Before that, every dip would send me to the bumpstops. I still plan on getting the spring spacer kit from saab savior for the ultimate hauling/towing setup. I dont have pics at the moment, but if anyone wants to see, I can snap a few.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Mt Aero, I'll take you up on that offer of pics

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    The vert's brakes have been transformed by the rebuilt master cylinder -- and all for $25! Hardest part of the job was getting the reservoir back into its slots -- talk about a snug fit, but I guess that's the way it should be. Now that the vert has gone from having the softest pedal to the firmest, it's made me realise the Aero's MC could use a rebuild too.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Burgandy Areo 9-5
    I know how you feel. I repaired houses all my adult life, now I,m trying to do a few repairs on my 03 Areo and the ideas are there but seemingly the answers are missing.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    I was under a a VW bus trying to manhandle the engine up onto the output shaft of the trans. Well they for some reason or another won't line up and a 30 minute job tunred in two hours. The thing that sucked was the engine was on my chest and my arms were to wore out to pick it up any more!!

So I had to roll if off of my chest and wait until the nest day and use a transmission jack.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Burgandy Areo 9-5
    Curently I am in the process of changing my ATF. I just went to the store, but I only scored 15 miles, need another 5. Tomorrow I need to take my honey to see the Doc., by the end of the trip I will probably have double the miles needed. Does anyone know where to acquire the 18MM alumnium washer that is used as a gasket for the TX oiu plug? I went to a couple of auto parts stores and all they had were 14MM. I' have a look on Amazon.

Later

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I tried many local parts stores but none had an 18mm aluminium washer. I ordered mine from eEuroparts together with some other parts. I actually ordered 4 for future changes so I should be set for a while.