Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wrestrepo

Where did the thread go?

the celebrity you most resemble one? I didn't see it getting merged....and I did the search and nothing came up.

Wrestrepo
    I'm confused.....the thread was posted in the clubhouse section, it has post by a couple of people and it disappeared. I am wondering if it got deleted (and why) or if it got merged (which I don't see it happened)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    I'm confused.....the thread was posted in the clubhouse section, it has post by a couple of people and it disappeared. I am wondering if it got deleted (and why) or if it got merged (which I don't see it happened)
    I removed that thread. In the first few days, the Clubhouse was filling up with some questionable content pretty quickly. That was also before the Saab Talk section was set up. We don't want SW to be known for strict moderating but we also would like to keep it classy. It has been a bit overwhelming in the fist week of the forum and I guess I wasn't prepared for the dealing-with-people part. And I admit some decisions are bad decisions. We're all learning here. I don't want to be the bad guy but am simply trying to do what's best for the forum and do what I think the members want. And I am glad you brought this up. The missing thread has been restored. Just keep it classy and decent.

It's part of the T&C.

7) Quality of content
    General useless contributions like "hehe", "me too" or "lol" are wasted space. Posting pictures in threads without any real purpose should be avoided as well. This forum is about the quality of content, not quantity. While the Clubhouse is a place to post about any subject, please keep the place interesting with quality content. Moderators may remove any content at their discretion.

8) Purpose of the forum
    SAABworld's mission is to maintain a forum with generally good, well-written, accurate and to-the-point content. If you are here just to hang out, have nothing better to do and don't contribute anything useful to the forum, please find a local bar or other Saab forum instead.

On a side note, Nathan wasn't banned. He asked to have his account removed from SW so that is why he's showing up as Guest.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 09 August 2010 at 17:59.

Wrestrepo
    That's the gray line I am talking about, it seems thicker than what I thought. This is your forum and you made the rules, but you should intervene only when necessary, the "useless" threads will run their course in a matter of days, and they will die, let them die. When you delete one because you think it's not worthy of being here you are acting as a "dictator", which is not what the intention of the forum is.....right? And I don't mean threads that are offensive, or that are duplicate.
    I know that this is not a democracy, but I hope that you take that as a suggestion, moderators should only moderate when needed, threads that are not worth it will die alone, let them do so, there are no privileges on having a high post count, are there?
    I get annoyed as much as the next guy with stupid threads but I don't think that they should be killed......my two cents.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    When you delete one because you think it's not worthy of being here you are acting as a "dictator", which is not what the intention of the forum is.....right? And I don't mean threads that are offensive, or that are duplicate.
    That's correct, it's not about being a dictator. As I mentioned, we're figuring it out as we go along. Perhaps I am asking too much and the The Clubhouse should be whatever anyone wants it to be. That's why I value input from everyone. Ever tried to set up a forum and make it perfect from day 1?
    Last edited by nordwulf; 09 August 2010 at 21:23.

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    That's correct, it's not about being a dictator. As I mentioned, we're figuring it out as we go along. Perhaps I am asking too much and the The Clubhouse should be whatever anyone wants it to be. That's why I value input from everyone. Ever tried to set up a forum and make it perfect from day 1?
    I wasn't upset my thread got deleted; I was wondering why. I appreciate all the work that you and others have put into setting this up, and I do hope that you take into account people's input (easier said than done as people tend to have different ideas all the time).

My two cents is that anything and everything (except NSFW material) should be allowed in the clubhouse. The technical and model specific stuff goes to it's own section, but the rest it's okay....anyone can tell whether something is safe for work, but deciding whether something is worth it or not? what may be junk for you may be relevant for me.......and I ended up posting it in the wrong thread....

P.S. my comments are not about this thread that got deleted, they are about any threads.

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    I removed that thread. In the first few days, the Clubhouse was filling up with some questionable content pretty quickly.
    7) Quality of content
    General useless contributions like "hehe", "me too" or "lol" are wasted space. Posting pictures in threads without any real purpose should be avoided as well. This forum is about the quality of content, not quantity. While the Clubhouse is a place to post about any subject, please keep the place interesting with quality content. Moderators may remove any content at their discretion.

What makes a saab forum are the people who own (and like) saabs and their personality types / interests and unique conversation topics... To go around pruning them to create some sort of utopia where saab people are only supposed to think certain things are interesting (according only to an administrator) is retarded.

This is turning out to be worse than saab central was.
    I think I can safely say the doppleganger thread would not have been deleted from SC, nor should it have been deleted here.
    I can understand locking conflict causing topics, however deleting that one was way past what I consider appropriate.

Theres still time to save this forum but so far I'm not very impressed with the way things are turning out.
    Last edited by SaabBoon; 09 August 2010 at 23:05.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Fair enough, the T&C have been simplified. This better?
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php/...and-Conditions

At least now I am getting some feedback on the site and hearing what other people want. You can't blame me for not being open to change.

Wrestrepo
    Fair enough, the T&C have been simplified. This better?
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php/...and-Conditions

At least now I am getting some feedback on the site and hearing what other people want. You can't blame me for not being open to change.
    I like the more simple version.... thumbsup

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I better keep Boon happy and add a 9000 brochure to the site.
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php/...-9000-Brochure