Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's interesting to hear this information about the 9-2X. I never really paid much attention to it and assumed it was a reliable car because it was made in Japan. I guess not all Japanese cars are created equal. Saab dealers must have a hard time with the 9-2X when it comes to maintenance and these repairs. The warranty cost for Saab North America must have been quite high.

The Saab Media website doesn't even have information or pictures of the 9-2X and 9-7X. http://media.saab.com/en-us/asset-library

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quite the hostile and negative environment on the 9-2X forum.

Saab92x.com / did the oil guy delete his thread
    Saab92x.com / 2005 9-2x Aero AT - all parts (tree hit roof, insurance totaling)

Makes me kind of glad they have their own forum. It's owned by VerticalScope, by the way..

Scot
    EqualOpportunity Offender
    Saab(s)
    1989 900 SPG Turbo,1993 9000 Aero Turbo, 2000 9-5 Aero, 2005 9-2x Aero, 2011 9-3 Aero Sedan Turbo4
    Be VERY HAPPY that all trash in that 9-2x “forum” don’t post on this site. They are all nasty and attack people in groups. As you can see, I abandoned the site after yesterday’s 9 pages of rants (I find it hard not to reply when someone attacks me or my family). Like I said, I only joined the site to part-out my hurricane-busted 9-2x Aero. I wrote on one post that it had a new engine that had never run anything but Dino-oil and from there on out a group of hoodlums have done nothing but troll on all my threads, search the internet for personal information about me to post on the thread (including pictures of me and my wife and daughters, phone numbers, work information, you name it. They also don’t understand that if you Google my name there are a bunch of us out there...a few in NJ. 13 years ago I tried getting the Yahoo email address “ScottHibb” and it was already taken by another distant relative with the same first and last name. They are now connecting me with another Scott that isn’t me, but sounds like a drug dealer, which isn’t good as I work for a major pharmaceutical company in upper management.

The shame of it all is that the site administrators and moderators join in on their antics!

I have no interest in that site whatsoever now that I have signed over the title of the 9-2x Aero to Allstate for salvage.

Why, by the way, did you post that second link?

Anyone who follows the first link can get a PRETTY GOOD look at the demographic that purchased the Saab 9-2x model...thank God they hate Saab and anyone who drives a Saab other than a Saabaru...those 9-2’s should die-out soon and the blemish be gone...
    Last edited by ScotHibb; 15 November 2011 at 16:34. Reason: Typo

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Yeah, I've had my issues with Topher and Azrael.

Total assholes with nothing better to do than screw with people.

Whats sad is that I once considered Topher a friend. I drove 500 miles round trip to help him and some guys from TSL with their 24 Hours of Lemons car. Ended up using my Astro to pull the frame out on their car after Topher pissed someone off on the track and they turned him into the wall.

Topher and Azrael don't hate Saabs. Topher has had a couple 9-3's and Azrael has a Viggen. But as people they are despicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Scot
    Saab(s)
    1989 900 SPG Turbo,1993 9000 Aero Turbo, 2000 9-5 Aero, 2005 9-2x Aero, 2011 9-3 Aero Sedan Turbo4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    Yeah, I've had my issues with Topher and Azrael.

Total assholes with nothing better to do than screw with people.

Whats sad is that I once considered Topher a friend. I drove 500 miles round trip to help him and some guys from TSL with their 24 Hours of Lemons car. Ended up using my Astro to pull the frame out on their car after Topher pissed someone off on the track and they turned him into the wall.

Topher and Azrael don't hate Saabs. Topher has had a couple 9-3's and Azrael has a Viggen. But as people they are despicable.
    Wow, they told me they would never own a Saab...guess they were just trying to get at me and bait me. Even when my original intent was to part-out my 9-2x at 50% of lowest internet price they started in on me and turned my thread into a circus that ended with me letting Allstate have it and take the pay-out check. Tropher and Azrael both threatened me and my family, and posted my personal contact info, etc. Can't believe you met them in real life...how old are they, 25-30???

It's too bad...

I was stupid for letting them suck me down to their level...they are very angry that I deleted my threads (which killed over 19 pages of their banter) and abandoned that site (nothing of worth therein, only went their initially because I figured there were more people in the forums than 9-2x's made, so a perfect place to part-out a 9-2x Aero)...I'm sorry I ever Googled it now...

Thanks for the info, make me feel a little better it wasn't just me...

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    No, it's not just you. Topher has been banned from TSL more times than I can remember. He's so unwelcome there now that whenever he posts I post a picture of Troll Spray. If he told you that he's never owned a Saab he's a damn liar. Same with Azrael.

I've met topher, ADouglas, Jessop and Castor Troy, all from TSL and 92x. The only one out of those 4 that didn't turn out to be a complete asshat is Jessop. Topher and Azrael(AKA Jeff) are in their early 30's. Way too old to be acting like they do on the internet. I met the 4 of them in 08 at Toledo Speedway. Then again in 09 at Nelson Ledges Raceway. Only Castor Troy(AKA Ben Centrone) wasn't part of the team this time. He was part of another team that Chris and ADouglas charmingly nicknamed Team Never Been Laid. They turn on their own.

For the record, his name is Chris Campbell and uses the gmail address ccampbell at gmail.com. Azrael's real name is Jeff something.

Guys like topher are one of the reasons that I would never use my real name as my screen name.

How sad. Months after I was banned from tophers site and they are still talking about me on 92x, a site I've even been a member of!

Hmm, might be time to join. Tell some truths about Topher. See how he likes it.

Also, stay away from thesaabconnection.net, thats tophers site.
    Last edited by Hirsch; 15 November 2011 at 19:18.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    They spend all their time in mutual admiration between doing reach arounds.

Just my humble opinion.

They do love to bait and switch. The best trick is going back and changing posts to make you look the fool. I actually tried to post with their style one day and just couldn't do it. I thought they were like 22 year old brats. Hard to believe they are in their 30's. Even after I left I would send people over to answer questions about 9-2 stuff. I don't think they ever responded and some would never even get a confirmation to allow posts and quit trying.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    They spend all their time in mutual admiration between doing reach arounds.

Just my humble opinion.

They do love to bait and switch. The best trick is going back and changing posts to make you look the fool. I actually tried to post with their style one day and just couldn't do it. I thought they were like 22 year old brats. Hard to believe they are in their 30's. Even after I left I would send people over to answer questions about 9-2 stuff. I don't think they ever responded and some would never even get a confirmation to allow posts and quit trying.
    You just hit the nail on head. A bunch of 30 year olds that act like 12 year old school yard bullies.

EDIT: This is the kind of content you get when topher and his crew are allowed free reign of a forum. http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=9846
    Last edited by Hirsch; 15 November 2011 at 20:02.

Scot
    Saab(s)
    No, it's not just you. Topher has been banned from TSL more times than I can remember. He's so unwelcome there now that whenever he posts I post a picture of Troll Spray. If he told you that he's never owned a Saab he's a damn liar. Same with Azrael.

I've met topher, ADouglas, Jessop and Castor Troy, all from TSL and 92x. The only one out of those 4 that didn't turn out to be a complete asshat is Jessop. Topher and Azrael(AKA Jeff) are in their early 30's. Way too old to be acting like they do on the internet. I met the 4 of them in 08 at Toledo Speedway. Then again in 09 at Nelson Ledges Raceway. Only Castor Troy(AKA Ben Centrone) wasn't part of the team this time. He was part of another team that Chris and ADouglas charmingly nicknamed Team Never Been Laid. They turn on their own.

For the record, his name is Chris Campbell and uses the gmail address ccampbell at gmail.com. Azrael's real name is Jeff something.

Guys like topher are one of the reasons that I would never use my real name as my screen name.

How sad. Months after I was banned from tophers site and they are still talking about me on 92x, a site I've even been a member of!

Hmm, might be time to join. Tell some truths about Topher. See how he likes it.

Also, stay away from thesaabconnection.net, thats tophers site.

Thanks for the info...I will stick to this forum or other trusted forums where people can be at least civil enough not to gang-up and bully each other. He has been posting non-stop on 92x.com about me, he changed the name of the thread to my full name and my career title to, as he puts it "ensure that the search engines pick this up and attach it to him so he gets fired, divorced,....so on and so on". He even started making calls to people at a company I used to work, which is great because I screen-grabbed it and it gives me the chance to get my corporate lawyers involved as he is now attacking a member of management and attaching negative information to them and the company...

Scot
    Saab(s)
    You just hit the nail on head. A bunch of 30 year olds that act like 12 year old school yard bullies.

EDIT: This is the kind of content you get when topher and his crew are allowed free reign of a forum. Saab92x.com / Do you wipe sitting or standing
    He must have some serious issues to go this hardcore on someone that crossed him on his precious "93x.com territory". Does he do anything for a living or just sit on the internet trying to ruin total stranger's lives? I can see him blasting back at me when he got annoyed and I pushed back (I'm not one to back-off when pushed), but I never went past offending a few people who then came at me, guns blazing. I did blaze back, but never wen past, albeit childish, name-calling and back-teasing (i.e. I never looked up personal info on him to use against him in the forums or worse in 'real life' against my family and career and shit. Oh well, I guess it's "over" (I'm guessing with this band-of-playground-brothers it will never be over), my best bet is to be the "adult" and just keep away from the site. As was discussed, he basically took my re-posting of info/proof on synth-oil killing 9-2x aeros as me calling the entire forum "stupid and uneducated"? Wow. What a trip.

All yesterday I kept getting a million emails saying that thread he started against me has updates. I'm not going near that thread, already spoke to my attorney friend and emailed her screen-shots from earlier (and shots that 2 guys emailed me of some recent stuff from earlier in the day), she said I could push it if I wanted to because they were direct threats in a public forum by at least 3 posters, with you-know-who leading the pack (said I had to file a complaint with local PD!), I'll see how it all pans out, hopefully he's take my lack of presence on the site as me saying "I quit", and let it go.

Damn, I'm glad i took a few days off of work...I wouldn't have gotten anything done if I was in the office!
    Last edited by ScotHibb; 16 November 2011 at 19:25. Reason: updated info, didn't want to double-post -- and added long copy blocks about original topic