Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Chris
    Saab(s)
    1973 99 EMS..1996 9k AERO..1984 c900T

Driveability

finally got to bring my new car home ('73 ems 2.0) and she was a little crabby i got some violent surging on the build up to cruise speed not as bad when up to speed but still there.also i was looking for vaccum leaks and i removed and cleaned up that disc on top of the intake (pcv/vent system?) and now she idles a little high (1500-2000 rpm's)..on a note it does have a small exhaust leak at the header she smells like she's running fat but not sure if it's just because of the leak...thanks for any help/leads...chris

Saab(s)
    73 99 EMS, 91 900T
    The secret to D-jet is grounds, if they are bad, which they likely are, it wont work right. There is a big ball of ground wires running to the battery tray on the pass side of the engine bay, make sure they are all in good shape, and that the battery tray isn't so rusty that its become disconnected from the rest of the car (happens easier than you'd think). If that fails, you can try futzing with the mixture knob on the ECU box, but that really shouldn't be necessary. Good luck sorting it out, 73 EMS's are sweet, what color is it?

Paul

Chris
    Saab(s)
    1973 99 EMS..1996 9k AERO..1984 c900T
    during teardown i found the ugly group of wires at the battery tray and that will take some major sorting out...was a 2 owner so cal car original paint and everything untouched was hard to start the resto due to how original the whole car was but she was showing her age (paint was soo thin primer was showing through and the interior was toast..build thread at saabrally.com.. 1973 SAAB 99 EMS Notch pictures by saabfan9 - Photobucket