Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less

Volkswagen - The German people's car

Anyone else think the new Passat CC is a step in the wrong direction... along with the new Jetta and new Passat. The biggest thing is it just looks cheaper...

to this:
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    +1

The new "unified" look of the grille across the range looks soooooooo boring.

I find the new Jetta's DRL so tacky and plain ugly when lit, cheapens the entire front look:

"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I think it is a step in the right direction for VW. The new Passat is about $7K less expensive than the previous one which is a huge difference. And the increase in size makes it much better suited for the North American market.

VW was in between average and premium cars in the US. The Passat was too expensive and too small for the midsize sedan buyer but not on the same level as the big Three from Germany.

I saw the new Passat last weekend and thought it looked very nice. But I like neutral looking cars and this fits right in. If you want a premium VW, buy an Audi.

Saab(s)

Saab Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I think it is a step in the right direction for VW. The new Passat is about $7K less expensive than the previous one which is a huge difference. And the increase in size makes it much better suited for the North American market.
    I completely agree - and now the Passat is priced and sized to properly compete with the Accord and Camry. I saw one a while ago and really like it too. Now if they could only figure out how to make them as reliable as the Japanese cars....

I really like the revised CC, especially the tail lights - I always hated the rear end of the current CC.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    The mean, wicked and evil eyed look is starting to wear on me. Now, show me some total performance lamps with no radical cut off areas or dark spots.

They don't make me jump and want one.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Not a fan of new VW's. I was a the VW dealership looking at a used Saab and couldn't help but look at a new Jetta. I mean its actually a pretty nice looking car, but just horribly boring looking!

They look terrible in pictures though. But not horrible in person. Would I own one? Absolutely not.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Would I own one? Absolutely not.
    If for some reason I was absolutely fixed on buying a new car, and I had a pretty limited budget, it would be pretty high on my list. Even though I find them bland and soft, for their price, it's better than almost anything else out there (new).
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sptsdn View Post
    I completely agree - and now the Passat is priced and sized to properly compete with the Accord and Camry. I saw one a while ago and really like it too. Now if they could only figure out how to make them as reliable as the Japanese cars....
    Maybe VW's world domination has started .........

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS vs. 2012 Toyota Camry LE vs. 2012 Volkswagen Passat SE - Comparison - Motor Trend

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vs 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE vs 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE Comparison - Motor Trend

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T vs 2012 Toyota Camry SE V-6 vs 2012 Volkswagen Passat VR6 SEL Comparison - Motor Trend

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Overall, I like the new Passat, just wish they hadn't killed the wagon for the North American market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.