Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    95 2.0 Sport Wagon

Windscreen Washer Not Working 2005 Saab 95 2.00 Sport Wagon

Guys,

The headlamp and tailgate washers work but when I activate the windscreen wiper stalk to wash the windscreen - nothing.

I have lifted the bonnet (hood) and removed the insulation partially to get at the plastic tubing to the 3 washer heads and broke the upstream connection which feeds all 3 and then tested it - no water. The reservoir is full so my conclusion is that the problem is either a blockage between the pump outlet and where it tested or the pump is kaput or filter blocked.

Does anyone know how accessible the pump is? From within the engine bay there is insufficient access to the lower part of the reservoir. Can it be reached from underneath the car bearing in mind it's a sport model with low profile tyres (tires) and I don't have a ramp or pit e.g. can jacking and removal of front week get you there.

Bottom line is if it's not that easy I'm gonna book it in a repair garage. But it's not that difficult I'll have a shot myself.

Any experience/suggestions/comments most welcome.

Thanks

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    There are two pumps, one for the headlamp/rear window washers and a separate pump for the windscreen washers. Chances are it came un-plugged or burnt out. Both should be accessible from underneath the front end. Also check the fuse in the dash.
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Saab(s)
    95 2.0 Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lauzze View Post
    There are two pumps, one for the headlamp/rear window washers and a separate pump for the windscreen washers. Chances are it came un-plugged or burnt out. Both should be accessible from underneath the front end. Also check the fuse in the dash.
    Thanks Brad.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Here is more info about the wash/wipe system from the WIS: http://saabworld.net/f29/saab-9-5-wa...n-system-1017/

Saab(s)
    95 2.0 Sport Wagon
    Guys, the pump has expired and the garage tried a couple of after market generic spares but they didn't work so a OEM part is on order. They did however reroute the tubing to the headlamp washer pump outlet to give a temp workaround. Gonna cost about £110 ($180) for the final fix. Not bad considering I bought the 2005 car three years ago (28K miles) and its the first cost apart from servicing and new brake pads/tyres (now 46K miles). It's my 5 Saab since 1990 (9000s before this 95). Great forum.