Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Saab 9-4X test drive by Autoline Detroit

Nathan 9⁵ shared this on Facebook.

[FONT=arial]We'll have to wait and see if Saab truly gets back on its feet again. It'll take months for everything to get sorted out. But in the meantime we were able to enjoy one of the company's latest models, though it's possible we may never get that chance again.[/FONT]

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Not sure what's up with that owners manual he is showing.. I got a regular printed manual with my 9-4X.

Nathan! Not Nate.
    Saab(s)
    '03 9⁵ Arc 3.0t, '01 9⁵ Griffin V6, '04 9³ Arc 2.0T

Thumbs down

This "review" infuriates me. Does this man know the future of Saab? NO, "I would not count on it." Like I said on his YouTube channel, IMO he and the other Saab grim reapers AKA "auto journalists" should STFU and stick to things they know about. Fit and finish, driving impressions, materials used, workmanship, overall impressions, value for the money, safety, etc. On McElroy's Nov. 30 Autoline Daily You said it section, which starts at 6:10, he replied to my comment. Which I found amusing. McElroy leaves out important details in his reporting. Making it, IMO, sound biased. And what kind of journalism is that? For nearly 80 years Saab has thrived, been innovative, had originality, been reliable and gone beyond others. And when Saab was at their peak selling 120K vehicles per year, did the auto journalist mention those production numbers and proclaim Saab's death? No, from what I remember they couldn't wait for more. Why now are these fool journalists reporting such crap?! Interesting to me that his site is supported by Hyundai. A manufacturer that in the mid 80's was commonly laughed at by these very journalists who then proclaimed that Honda Mazda and Toyota would devour. Now they're feeding the mouth (McElroy's) that probably once bit them years before. Disgusted.

And just in case my comment on his You said it section isn't posted, here's my reply to his video response:
    Saab at their peak sold lets be generous, 120K vehicles per year. Saab’s been in business since 1937, always selling to a small, specific segment. Saab’s been a pioneer in safety, turbocharging, environmental concerns and design. Saab will never be a common dime a dozen for the masses car company. If it were, it wouldn’t be a Saab. Saab’s build quality, reliability, performance, passenger and pedestrian safety, environmental consideration, design, and product lineup right now is better than it ever has been. If Saab has managed to thrive and develop such amazing vehicles and only sell 120K vehicles per year and not die, they will surely survive their current struggles. It’s journalists like you Mr. McElroy who’s trusted word is killing off Saab. Not Saab’s internal struggles. Instead of telling us about a car manufacturers poor quality, poor reliability, poor dealer satisfaction ratings, etc as reasons why not to buy a new vehicle, you give us an ignorant personal forecast and a chintzy owners manual as your personal reasons of why not to buy a Saab. Until you know absolutely 100% without a doubt that a car company is going to become defunct, STFU with your predictions. Respectfully, Nathan.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I thought the review was rather positive, considering the shape the company is in. I think there was 90% positve talk about the 9-4X and 10% current situation of Saab. Sadly, I am not counting either if any more Saab 9-4X are going to be made.

Shame on Saab for the manual photocopy.