Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    They said the hitch wouldn't fit, but I'm thinking about ordering an after-market hitch for $135 and finding out (they will take it back). It sure looks the same as the video for the SRX. I can not see much of a problem for a transmission cooler as a shop could probably customize one pretty easily if necessary. I'd get the transmission cooler myself!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel H View Post
    They said the hitch wouldn't fit, but I'm thinking about ordering an after-market hitch for $135 and finding out (they will take it back). It sure looks the same as the video for the SRX. I can not see much of a problem for a transmission cooler as a shop could probably customize one pretty easily if necessary. I'd get the transmission cooler myself!
    Yeah. I don't plan on towing that much... but want to play it safe and have the transmission cooler anyway... I'd feel "safer" or at least less likely to worry "am I hauling too much??"

I too thought about one of those after-market hitches. I've seen bike racks and those hitch baskets (to put a cooler or boxes or??)... Taking My Son, Wife and Mom to Disney earlier this month, I found out the limits of just how much (or little) we could cram into the 9-4x... and using one of those hitch baskets for some of the luggage would have made the drive to the airport more comfortable.

Money permitting, I would like to eventually get 2 wave runners to pull to the beach, BUT more importantly, I'm going to need to tow my craftsman lawn tractor (not big, just a 42" cutting deck one) up to the new house when its ready in September or October. While the tractor isn't heavy, it is a hilly/windy drive. That is why I'm really curious about the cooler.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    So I haven't done anything with this... but found -> GM #22772227 Hitch Trailering Package Transmission Cooler Auxillary New Warranty | eBay I wonder if that will work as the cooler?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Should fit. Everything I've seen under the hood of a 3.0 SRX is the same as my wife's 9-4X.

jack vines

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    Should fit. Everything I've seen under the hood of a 3.0 SRX is the same as my wife's 9-4X.
    Thanks, I'll have to call the dealer and see if they can do it for me.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to call the dealer and see if they can do it for me.
    Report back when you get a chance on how it went please. I saw one 9-4X with a towing package when I was looking to purchase ours, but it was very rare, and may have been a factory demo car. It was the only one I ever saw with it and it was for sale in Michigan about six months ago or so.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I saw a 9-4X parked today and it had a hitch installed. I stopped and checked to see if it showed a brand name on the hitch but nothing. It did look like the picture in the first post of this thread and it cleared the rear bumper fine. Serial number of this 9-4 was 158 so it probably wasn't a factory installed hitch. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.

I heard about this 9-4X in northern Michigan before and it was a surprise seeing it in the wild. It's like seeing Bigfoot!

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 94x
    Any luck on finding a receiver hitch for a 2011 Saab 94x?

Loyal Saab Owner!
    Saab(s)
    1988 Saab 9000T & 2011 Saab 94X Aero

My 94x has factory tow package

When I got my 94X new, they were able to get the "one and only" factory tow hitch. So there was a factory tow package (no trans cooler) but only several were made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay McNeely View Post
    I have a 2011 Saab 9-4X Aero and originally tried to order the vehicle with the towing package, but was later informed that the towing package would not be available on the 2011 model year. My dealer now has doubts that a dealer-installed aftermarket towing package will ever become available, even though they have been informed that one should be available early 2012. I have attempted to locate an aftermarket towing solution, but I have been unsuccessful since the vehicle is so new and has been produced in such limited quantities. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with an aftermarket towing solution for the 9-4X?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, advice, or experience(s). Drive safely and KEEP ON SAABING!!!

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 94x
    I call my local Saab dealer and they acted like I was crazy for asking... no luck on aftermarket hitches either. All I would use it for is to hookup a bike rack so I can transport my mountain bike across town to ride.