Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Roof bars? Can't you load the bike onto the roof if you can't fit it in the car? I used to put my mountain bike in the trunk of my Geo Metro - fit perfect in there. I'm sure the 9-4 has a little more boot room
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

My dealer called me when the tow package came in from the new SAAB parts, but it was something like $1000 which I thought was outrageous -- originally it was to be $500 or a bit less when I bought the car. Did you try one of the SRX aftermarket hitches?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-4x
    I had a SRX tow package mounted on my 9-4x in the US before shipping the car home to Europe. I paid about $700 for the tow package and the job to have it mounted. Works as a charm!

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    For those that have the tow package, are you driving Aeros? Or is the base/premium 9-4X doing some tow action?

is just the rear fascia cutout available as a stand alone part?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x AERO
    First time on here and finally decided to join. The hitch listed at the beginning of this thread is the one that I ended up ordering and installed myself. Works great with no issues. Towed trailer from OH to WI months back and didn't notice any issues of heating up or making it up the hills. Max amount towed was probably 1000-1500lbs.

Did you get a fascia cover with it?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x AERO
    @Jeffgtx. I did not get a fascia cover for it, though I haven't looked for one either. Right now I just have the initial center cover off so that I could install it. Body parts for the 9-4x are hard to come by. I recently had a small accident with mine and the auto body place that did the work on it had to do a lot of research to get the part numbers, and then had a difficult time getting them. First tried to get them through SAAB, which they are available, but they are on backlog or backorder. It truly is not the case as SAAB first needs to get them through GM, which at the time earlier this year wasn't happening due to a suit involving the two. The shop finally went directly to GM and was able to get the parts. Now that I have seen a few people have the actual OEM trailer package, I might see if the same guy can get the part number and part through GM so I can have the fascia on it. I will post that information on here if I get it or not.

Thanks Erick.

I contacted saab parts NA a few days ago and was told that the 9-4 trailer hitch kit does not include a fascia cover now can you get one separately. Apparently you are just supposed to drive around with that hole open.

i went ahead and purchased the SRX trailer kit instead since it is cheaper and it does come with a fascia cover. I have not installed the actual hitch yet, so i suppose i could get zapped for a gotchya there. but the fascia cover does not fit perfectly, but i think with a little dremel work on the corners it will at least cover the hole when not towing. you'd have to be right up the rear bumper to know it was a kludge solution.

I'll post more after i try to install it and for anybody watching, please be warned it could take a while to get to it.

Jeff

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x AERO
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    Thanks Erick.

I contacted saab parts NA a few days ago and was told that the 9-4 trailer hitch kit does not include a fascia cover now can you get one separately. Apparently you are just supposed to drive around with that hole open.

i went ahead and purchased the SRX trailer kit instead since it is cheaper and it does come with a fascia cover. I have not installed the actual hitch yet, so i suppose i could get zapped for a gotchya there. but the fascia cover does not fit perfectly, but i think with a little dremel work on the corners it will at least cover the hole when not towing. you'd have to be right up the rear bumper to know it was a kludge solution.

I'll post more after i try to install it and for anybody watching, please be warned it could take a while to get to it.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I have just received different information that you have. Don't know which is correct then. Here is what I got.

Apparently there is a tow bar package that is available for the 9-4x that does include a fascia cover specifically for it, and purchasing the entire tow bar package is the only way you can get the cover. The part number given to me is #22813480 and there are only 15 left available. The price quoted to me for this package is $831.

I also heard that these are only available through SAAB now as the relationship between SAAB and GM has deteriorated even more since this past summer.