Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    i did order again without vin that might confuse them let see what happens

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    i did order again without vin that might confuse them let see what happens
    and again denied see quote

[FONT=Verdana]thank you for the order but I regret to inform you that this part is discontinued and is no longer available from Saab.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]My apologies for the inconvenience,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Steve @ Discountoeparts[/FONT]

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    sveba,

Same part number, doesn't matter if you supply VIN or not. Vin and model year of vehicle was only needed so they could verify the part will work on your vehicle BEFORE they sell it to you (probably to prevent returns). And based on the questions/emails they sent me initially, that is exactly what they did. Once they confirmed it would work on my 9-4x (based on my emails of "proof") they then went to find out if they had inventory and ordered it from their warehouse for me..

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    sveba,

Same part number, doesn't matter if you supply VIN or not. Vin and model year of vehicle was only needed so they could verify the part will work on your vehicle BEFORE they sell it to you (probably to prevent returns). And based on the questions/emails they sent me initially, that is exactly what they did. Once they confirmed it would work on my 9-4x (based on my emails of "proof") they then went to find out if they had inventory and ordered it from their warehouse for me..
    i am sad

Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    i am sad

Like i suggested in the other thread, contact saab parts directly. not a dealer, but saab parts the company and ask them their intent to restock this part.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    Like i suggested in the other thread, contact saab parts directly. not a dealer, but saab parts the company and ask them their intent to restock this part.
    i send a request lets see what happens!

Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Just checked and Saab currently has 13 of 22813480 (the hitch kit) in stock. Am going to ask about the cover whenever they get back to me. How hard is the OEM kit to install? Debating if I should do it myself or pay the dealership to.
    Last edited by Jonathannm; 14 March 2015 at 18:51.

Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Am looking heavily into ordering and installing a tow hitch (the OEM ones are back in stock) however the transmission cooler is apparently not in stock. Does anyone know if an SRX transmission cooler would work? I would assume so given they are mechanically identical, but don't want to overstep if it hasn't worked for someone else.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathannm View Post
    Am looking heavily into ordering and installing a tow hitch (the OEM ones are back in stock) however the transmission cooler is apparently not in stock. Does anyone know if an SRX transmission cooler would work? I would assume so given they are mechanically identical, but don't want to overstep if it hasn't worked for someone else.
    From what I understand the SRX Transmission cooler is the same part, however I did not install one, so I don't know for sure.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Just to follow up on my POST last year of installing the Curt 13002 class 3 hitch on my 9-4x.

This week we took our now yearly trip to Kitty Hawk, NC (my Aunt rents a beach house for two weeks and has been inviting us down the last 6 years). Trying to fit my wife, our son, and now my mother, along with snacks, luggage, and beach stuff (chairs, boogie boards, umbrella, cart) was a challenge.

So this trip I used a Hitch Haul basket (built with the 2" bar, I kept the 1.25" bar in case I ever get a different SUV with smaller hitch) I got at Walmart last year when installing the hitch (but never used), web tie downs, a Reese 1/2in & 5/8" sleeved receiver lock, and two 14ft ratchet straps as extra tie downs. On the way down, I only put the chairs, boogie board and beach cart on the basket. But realizing how cramped it still was inside, on the way home I also put one of the luggage bags and the umbrella on the basket too. It worked great. It was exactly why I got the hitch in the first place (accessories, not towing). Nothing moved. There was no loss in gas mileage. And it gave us the extra space we needed to feel more comfortable inside, without my having to pile stuff in the cargo area higher than the back seat (so I could still see out the back window).

The only bad points where, parking assist did not like the basket being filled as much as it was on the way home (I could not turn it on when I got home and was trying to park in the garage). And bottom half of the rear view camera was obstructed by the stuff on the basket. I still have some vision via the camera, but just not as much.

All in all, the hitch performed beautifully. Well worth the money and time to install it, especially being the cheaper/easier Curt hitch.