Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Edward G
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    T5.5 84 900T8

problems posting in threads

hey all, when I type in quick reply reply or advanced I cant see my cursor, enter doesnt work and it is really frustrating, never had the problem before, dont know if it's this forum or my setttings, using firefox, if anyone has any ideas let me know, it's a real problem when trying to contribute

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I noticed the cursor disappears when I use the left arrow in Firefox but appears fine during regular typing. Enter key works fine as well. I am on Firefox 8.0.1 on a Mac. Everything seems fine in Chrome.

It appears it's a bug in the forum software and should be fixed in a future version. Hard to say how long it will take..
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...refox-in-4-1-8

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T
    Hi Frank, I have another problem posting in the forum. Almost every time I post a reply to a thread after I've logged in, I get the "You don't have permission..." etc message because the forum logs me out automatically after a short time. It seems that you can only successful post in the forum if you do so immediately after you log in. Knowing this I always copy my post before clicking on the "post" button and I invariably have to log in again and then paste my message to post it. Is there anything you can do as administrator to give people more time before they are automatically logged out?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    This has happened to me a few times.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I haven't experienced that before. When you log in, do you check the Remember Me box? This should always keep you logged in on that computer, even when you close and re-open your browser.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T
    I've been using Firefox but I don't think it's browser related. I never log out but I seem to be automatically logged out by the forum after maybe 15-30 mins. I think the Remember Me just remembers the password for you and doesn't relog you in. I work with websites quite a lot though haven't used vBulletin. I have a feeling that it is the forum software. I'll switch to a different browser (Safari) and see if the problem persists and will let you know.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The Remember Me keeps you logged in all the time. Saving the password is a browser function.

If you don't check that box, the forum will log you out after 15 minutes. This is a vBulletin default setting and is basically for when you're using a public computer and forget to log out when you're done.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T
    Ahh, that explains it. Just relogged in with Remember Me checked half hour ago or so. So I expect this reply should post with no interruption if all is well. I almost always checked the Remember Me box with other websites I don't know why I didn't do it here.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    When I quick reply I hit "post" and a box comes up that says -- "are you sure? This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved." so I have to confirm that I want to leave the page, then it thinks I'm posting twice and tells I can't post twice in 30 secs. Bit of a nuisance .. Happen to anyone else?

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I get the box asking me if I'm sure I want to leave the page after hitting submit, but only when using the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread.

I've never gotten the 30 second message.

EDIT: I didn't get the message this time. Seems completely random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.