Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 93 2.0t

Lightbulb driver side window and left side electrics failing in sequence...???

I just bought a 04 93-2.0t and as soon as "fahrfegnugen" hit me, so did the electrical problems which started to buiild up one by one.
    Firstly, the drv. sied window stopped working (the fuses seem to be OK)
    Secondly, the left side of the heat control panel lost its illumination (from the middle button center indication to the left side). Half of it is OK
    Thirdly, the info center shows a failed Left brake light which in fact works OK
    One day after a cold/hummid night, the information center display started to show some scrambled characters which restored to normal after car engine warmed (I assume so...)
    Latest, the Time for Service light came on even I just changed the oil, air filter etc... HOW DO I RESET THE COMPUTER WITHOUT PAYING THE RIPOFF PRICES AT THE DEALERSHIP ( TO WHOM WE ALL ARE IGNORANT MORONS)??
    Thank you for any advise.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    The "Time for Service" light can be reset by holding the "Clear" button. It will beep/chime once, but keep holding until it does so again. Maybe 10 seconds of holding?

When you push the window button, can you hear a sound, or just nothing?
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 93 2.0t
    Hi Mike,
    I do hear the relay thus assuming the motor is bad, but not sure how the end of travel switches are connected in this scheme.
    I did use the Clear button to reset the display but what about the computer reset?
    Could you guide me to a place I can get the electrical schematic for this car?
    Also I could not find the assembly screws for the door panel. Thank you.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less

9-3 Door Card Removal

Clearing the SID should reset the computer as far as I know. It merely uses a combination of miles and running time (and some other stuff) to "calculate" service intervals. That can trigger the next service update, or a set number of elapsed days can trigger it as well. (This I am not sure of... I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong).

I would assume that it's your window motor. You can't really tell yet until you do some digging into the electrics. Sorry, I cannot find an electrical schematic.

Here is how you can take the door card off.
    http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files...rim+Strips.pdf
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 93 2.0t

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Clearing the SID should reset the computer as far as I know. It merely uses a combination of miles and running time (and some other stuff) to "calculate" service intervals. That can trigger the next service update, or a set number of elapsed days can trigger it as well. (This I am not sure of... I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong).

I would assume that it's your window motor. You can't really tell yet until you do some digging into the electrics. Sorry, I cannot find an electrical schematic.

Here is how you can take the door card off.
    http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files...rim+Strips.pdf

Thank you for your prompt answers. The weather allowing I'll use the info to troubleshoot the motor.
    I would like to know if it is brushless or not before trying to fix it, and find a source to buy a new/used one.
    Good advise, Shazam!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I'm not sure, but my guess is that it is not brushless. Brushless is typically more expensive and you get higher speeds, you don't need that for a window motor. Just my guess though.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers