Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Vertical Scope is known for killing good automotive blogs. TSL is just another one, and that's too bad. Welcome!

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Welcome everybody!.

Saab(s)
    90 900 turbo vert 94 900 turbo vert via Amish Geek 88 900 turbo 3 door-flood victim 85 900 turbo RIP
    hello! i followed from tsl too

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    What took you guys so long! Welcome everybody.

It's difficult to cut all ties with an automotive forum you have been a part of for such a long time. I had the same with SC. But sooner or later, it is time to move on from a VS-owned forum where the only goal is to use content from members and free labor from moderators for their own corporate gains.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    88 900TC, 90 Tally SPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    Basically was trying to log into the Admin Panel, to address a spamer and it wouldn't allow me. There was talk previosly in the ECU about mods not being able to log in. I am expecting they created some log in t better track when and who logs in to do what.

That and the quotes don't work but they think we need a forum dedicated to NOPI.
    Not to defend VS, but they said they added the extra layer of security to protect against things like the recent SC hacking. There was a thread in the ECU with the login and password info. I only visit SC for the classifieds, so I don't know the extent or validity of their statement, just what Helena said.

But the NOPI stuff, among other awesome things they've done, was indeed bullshit. No doubt.

I'm sure this site is great and helpful and such, but the one thing TSL does have is a (pretty much) anything goes spirit that could never be replicated in a new place without the same mod philosophy and contributing membership. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not, but it's the reason so many people that try to defect, still come around, myself included.

Personally, I'll probably still mod TSL, but augment with FOOR and SW. I like a lot of you folks a lot and hope to keep in touch in some way or another.

It definitely sucks that things have become fragmented, and we can certainly thank VS for that.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
    I'm sure this site is great and helpful and such, but the one thing TSL does have is a (pretty much) anything goes spirit that could never be replicated in a new place without the same mod philosophy and contributing membership. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not, but it's the reason so many people that try to defect, still come around, myself included.
    I think SaabWorld falls somewhere in between SC and TSL. Besides the usual spam, we only had to moderate a few posts and keep the peace between members one time. And it all worked out in the end. But being a moderator here is more about developing and supporting the community and playing an active role in your area and forum of expertise. Policing the forums with heavy hand is not part of the job description.

I can't speak for everybody but keeping the workshop and general Saab and tech forums on topic with good discussions seem to be working well for our site. Pretty much anything goes in the Clubhouse, as long as you follow a few basic rules in the ToS. We don't have a swear word filter so we rely on the members to keep it decent.

It's good to see some new members here. The site is basically run by the moderators and members so any suggestions are always welcome.

Saab(s)
    97 900se Talladega
    I just joined up .I didn't want to miss out on anything
    I'm here from SC & TSL as well.
    Name:  thisjustinnobodycares.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  10.8 KB
    B.L.T.H ......... Brake late, Turn hard.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '91 900T SE convertible, '93 900T CD, '02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '08 9-7X Aero
    Make it another TSLer coming over... Heya Tweek, tcon, my900, et. al.!

Sean Hughes
    Saab(s)
    '91 Saab c900 N/A base
    Hey Jim! I was hoping you'd come on over!
    -Sean Hughes
    ------------------------------------------------
    - '91 Saab c900 N/A base model

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Welcome Tweek! I guess I will have to start posting here again more often. TSL has become the lost cause we figured it became when it got sold from beneath us. Sucks - but oh well.

Between SW and FOOR I'm set.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com