Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    88 900TC, 90 Tally SPG
    Totally agree. And I know the free for all isn't for everyone... hell it's not even for me sometimes. But that's not to say we allow total asshattery over there either. Everything is relative.

On another note, Hirsch is a mod?! Dear God, what have you done.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I have a banhammer?

No good can come from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
    Yeah, that JK88 is a jer... oh, wait.

Hey Burns, none of those things happened, but the Saab universe is a small place and I lurk here too, so I'm just putting this out there. Keep the pejoratives to yourself and the future will be nothing but tulips and daisies.

Cheers.
    Call it what you want - but usually it's called stalking. Get off my back - I left a forum I helped create because of you. Keep telling yourself what you want to believe, even you may start to believe it. Keep your drama on dramalink please.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    88 900TC, 90 Tally SPG
    I'm not on your back, dude. You came over here publicly slamming me, and I have a right to defend myself. But our disagreement has no business continuing outside of TSL. Hence my statement: keep your opinions about me to yourself, I'll do the same, and things will be fine.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Guys, take this back to TSL or hug and get over it.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have no idea what the history is between all of you on TSL and frankly, I don't really care. I am sure you'll figure out who wants to be on which forum and respect each other here for the sake of the Saab community. Sometimes it's best to walk away and let it go.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    So much for libertarian TSL; tried to follow Wulf's thread link and they wanted me to sign in.

As far as "freedom" goes, I haven't noticed any restrictions on my freedom here -- so far I've been free to write anything I please.

Or does freedom mean the freedom to abuse someone else? Guess I don't need that freedom. It always struck me as rather a chickenshit thing to do on the internet anyway -- keyboard warriors and all that.

Anyway welcome to TSLers, we can certainly use the traffic! Leave your preconceptions at the door is my advice -- just because we're not saying fuck this or that or calling each other asshole doesn't mean we're not allowed to -- maybe we just can't be bothered with all that crap.

Oh yeah and the gun thread isn't my cup of tea either but diff'rent strokes hey!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    88 900TC, 90 Tally SPG
    With regard to freedom, I was speaking more in terms of being allowed to bump for sale threads, speak your mind, mod things a little differently, et al. It's the little things. Login is obvi required to combat unruly spammers, assume identity, keep private things private... don't be ridiculous. Personal attacks are not allowed there either and are usually curbed quickly.

At any rate, I'm not here to defend one forum or another. Truth is if you don't like TSL, don't visit. Simple as that. There are various Swedish settlements across the great frontier that is the internet which one could call home. After Burns was stripped of his mod priviliges on TSL (not by me), he flew the coop and landed here. I just wanted to defend my name, that's all... there's lots of overlap in membership, as we can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    jk, to be honest, I don't know you from TSL because I didn't spend much time there. But it is always difficult to judge how people really are on these forums, unless you know them for a while. And it is impossible for everybody to get along along all the time. As long as we respect each other, we're on the right track.
    I was speaking more to Hirsch there. He knows me from TSL. And if anyone knows how hard it can be to corral disagreements that occasionally spill over between forums, it's Hirsch. I've locked a couple threads between him and the MN/Chi guys that originated on TSC. So, ya know, pot/kettle.

Have a nice, peaceful Sunday everyone. Happy Saabing.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    No pot/kettle here. I'm simply asking that TSL drama stays at TSL.

You've both said your peace, let that be the end of it.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Like I said, it's hard to imagine a place that's freer or more loosely moderated than SW. You really can speak your mind here, even using cuss words! No "hall monitor" here. So I suspect the perception that TSL is somehow a relative bastion of freedom is just that, a perception.
    Oh sure I've no doubt there's more banter, trash talk etc over there ... that's a generational thing, and a different issue altogether.
    jk88 your comment that login is "obviously required" is interesting -- I frequent a number of forums and none of them require login, apart from when posting of course. So maybe not so obvious.