Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Cuss words aren't a sign of freedom, they are a sign of maturity. I find that the crew here tends top be a bit more mature then at TSL. I know I am in the upper age bracket back in TSL.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    TSL began much as SW has recently - an offshoot from an early problem with us then - youths - on SC and the elders at the time not liking a few of us Young Spirited American Saab owners wanting more out of our cars w/out being idiots.

TSL used to be an awesome place to hang out - shit we hung out in person and represented like no other club has in years at events. It was more a family then a club or forum back then. Sadly - the downfall began years ago and many of us diehards keep it going with that same essence for a long time. Recent (past 2 years) have yielded a breech in moderators and "outsiders" taking power and using it in ways we never wished for. End result is the original mods & admins who helped create what TSL ONCE WAS - have begun to leave and lose interests. A real shame - it was once a great place to go for fun and knowledge. SW is now this place - and I am proud to call it my home for Saab online action. I hope to be able to contribute as much as I have in the past on TSL and continue to do elsewhere and in the real world.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I really don't mind the cussing and the sometimes immature antics that go over at TSL, heck, I know I am sometimes immature for my age, and I do at times cuss like a sailor (well, like a soldier, since I am in the Army...), so that does not degrade the TSL experience for me. What does for me is the whole VS scope, I have seen that company take over way too many forums and moderate it poorly or with heavy handed tactics that favor their sponsors. More than once I have left a VS owned forum for an independently owned one like SW is right now. Although I still lurk at TSL I only occasionally post there, doing most of my relevant stuff here.

Saab(s)
    98 900 SE
    I decided to play along too. I like this site, looks good. Plus no TSL bs.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Welcome aboard secret ingredient!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab(s)
    '91 9kT, '10 9-5 Aero
    I'm here too, although I haven't totally abandoned tsl, I rarely post there now.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Hey Jon, good to see you here!

I haven't totally abandoned TSL either(I really need to get the TSL sticker off my window). Some things that need to be posted aren't always appropriate to post here, TSL is a good dumping ground for trashy videos and jokes!

We have a good banter here, it's considerably more mature though! Drama is virtually non-existent.

This forum has some really good features, too. Frank did a hell of a job on this site and he's always improving things and trying new features. You'll like it here.

If you have any tutorials, post them up!

An again, welcome to Saab World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Is that your 9-5 in your avatar? Looks great, and love the dark wheels.

Welcome aboard.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    '91 9kT, '10 9-5 Aero
    Nah it's not mine. I think it's a Hirsch model, the only time the wheels on the 9-5 look like that are if it hasn't been washed in a long time... Although I've never seen them that dirty lol

Sent from my iPhone via AT&T.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Welcome Jon!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com