Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 saab 9-3

ABS Control Module

Hi everyone,

New member but basically I was hoping for some help with my ABS Control module. I have a 2001 saab 9-3. About a week ago I had a my speedometer and odometer stop working, along with the ABS light, TCS light, the ! light and one other I believe. Long story short I looked it up and there is clearly something wrong with my ABS control module. I hear its an expensive fix if you bring it to a dealer so I was hoping to do some work myself. When I drive the car now, the speedometer works and all the lights dont always go on, which leads me to believe it could be a connection issue? I looked it up and it appears you can take the module out, ship it somewhere to be fixed and then install it again? I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and could advise me on whats best to do. Thanks very much in advance

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I've heard you can have BBA-reman rebuild the module for around $100. So that's your take it out, get it rebuilt, and then put it back in.
    BBA reman. ABS, ecu's, throttle bodies, air mass meters, and catalytic converters

Also, people have said that sometimes stuff builds up on the ABS sensors (usually ice in the winter) which can cause the system to act a little screwy. So have at it with a pressure washer or those high-powered hoses at a self-wash on the ABS sensors.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2001 saab 9-3
    Thanks for the help guys. I believe the module is located in the center console? Does anyone know of any sites that sort of detail how you get the module out/ what it looks like? Or should I just refer to the manual? Thanks again for all your help

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I added the instructions from the WIS here: http://saabworld.net/f71/tc-anti-loc...l-module-2487/

I am not familiar with this procedure but it appears you should be able to remove the electronic unit without having to remove the hydraulic unit.

BBA also mentions this on their site.

[FONT=Arial]Saab ABS module removal instructions for repair Saab 9-3 9-5 900 9000
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]The most common problem with the Bosch 5.3 ABS system is the controller module (ECU). The good news is you can seperate the module from the pump relatively easily while its on the car. This means you are [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial]not required to break into the break hydraulic system to remove the just the module (leaving the pump on).[/FONT]
    http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...repair_rebuild