Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Welp, thanks New York! Everyone will be safe now!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Welp, thanks New York! Everyone will be safe now!
    The proposed gun measures will be largely ineffective. The threshold for failing a background check will be higher than those that commit mass murder. Having an explosive temper will not show up in a background check. There is no reporting mechanism for people to turn in crazy neighbors. If there were, would you like to be forced to undergo psychiatric evaluation based on a neighbor's complaint?

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    I went to a few shops yesterday morning and everything is sold out. Seems like with the scare of bans, more people that shouldn't buy stuff in the first place are stocking up.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    I went to a few shops yesterday morning and everything is sold out. Seems like with the scare of bans, more people that shouldn't buy stuff in the first place are stocking up.
    My brother is looking at selling his AR now that the prices have sky rocketed. It doesn't get used much as we have more fun with pistols or skeet/trap, for a lower cost.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    The proposed gun measures will be largely ineffective. The threshold for failing a background check will be higher than those that commit mass murder. Having an explosive temper will not show up in a background check. There is no reporting mechanism for people to turn in crazy neighbors. If there were, would you like to be forced to undergo psychiatric evaluation based on a neighbor's complaint?
    Actually here in California where EVERY sale has to have a background, there are 17,900 people who are either felons or mental patients, who had guns prior to their present situations who still have their guns. We do not have the man power to handle this and with the present policing group who oversee this they think it will take over three years to handle the present group. They are proposing to charge an additional $.05 tax on ammunition to generate $20M needed to get these guns off the street over the next year.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
    They are proposing to charge an additional $.05 tax on ammunition to generate $20M needed to get these guns off the street over the next year.
    I understand the money needs to come from somewhere, and $.05 isn't much, but why place the burden only on the people that buy ammo? Shouldn't it be shared by everyone?
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    A month ago I finally got my pistol permit. Later that day I picked up a nice Gen 4 Glock 19. A PPQ is near impossible to get in NY due to magazine limits and all that. Also, due to my impatience and limited availability, I had to get a Green/Black Glock, instead of black/black. Oh well, I don't spend much time admiring a Glock, not like the color will change that. More time shooting. I'm not pro, but now I can at least maintain all rounds on a 25 yard silhouette at 25 yards.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have been watching some videos about the right to Open Carry in many states and especially in Michigan. And that raises some interesting discussions about the US constitution, the police, how they interpret the law (and if they actually know the law), and how people react when you walk around with a rifle in an urban environment.

If the police can't ask for your identification, how can they be sure you're of legal age or are an American citizen (or legal resident)? On the other hand, they shouldn't harrass if you are not breaking any law or not doing anything else wrong. If I want to walk around town with a rifle on my back, I have every right to do so. But if I see someone else walking around with a rifle in town, I would have questions...

Just saw this quote online: To serve and protect, not harass and collect.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    A true Mickey Mantel story: He shows up with Billy Martin to hunt deer on the farm of a fellow he knows. He goes in while Martin waits in the car. After a few minutes he comes out fuming, and says to Billy .l.. "Somma' bitch said we can't hunt" ... at which point he takes out his rifle and kills a mule in the coral. Meanwhile Billy Martin also pulls his gun and shoots a cow.

At this point Mantle is shitting bricks because his joke backfired ... the farmer asked Mickey if he would shoot the old mule who was fairing badly and had to be put down.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 SportCombi Aero, 2005 9-5 Combi Arc
    Name:  group 003.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  51.9 KB

when I'm not carrying Beretta.... I love a wheelgun or my german lady on my hip

The Eickhorn Desert Command II was a retirement gift from my parents after 21 years of serving in the USAF and having deployed to the Middle East many times.(stock photo for now, sorry)
    Attached Images Attached Images