Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    @Shazam

I used to have an M91/30, a 1938 model. Sadly it's no longer with me. Anyhow, I researched ways of scoping the rifles and you have two choices: Have the bolt turned down (reduces authenticity and ease of operation IMHO) and having a Weaver-style rail installed at the rear sight. The problem with the weaver mounted scope is that it puts it pretty far downrange from the bolt, causing mild discomfort in some people.

The only gun I have right now is a early 1920s Hercules (pre-Sears) single shot .410. Hasn't been fired in years, was my great grandma's, is an heirloom piece now. I'd like to get a pistol but I don't know what is available/good for lefties? I'd love to pick up a Five-seveN but that's a pricey pistol and the ammo is just as bad. What other leftie options do I have?

/yes I fire pistols left and rifles right. Don't know why

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    A couple weeks back I actually picked up a pistol scope, with rings for less than $40. All I ended up needing to do was punch out some dowel pins holding on the rear leaf sight, and then tapped it off the dovetail on the rifle. I then just mounted the rings for the scope, and put the scope on. I have yet to sight it in, but just from looking down it, it seems pretty good. Because it is a pistol scope, it has a really long eye relief, allowing me to keep it mounted in front of the bolt, and still get a good picture in the scope. I think I'm going to the range this weekend to try it all out. Not my rifle, but I basically did the same thing.

The Five-seven is an awesome gun. I can't imagine paying for ammo for it though.

Ambidextrous pistols are becoming more common with European brand guns. The new PPQ that I'm looking at has a very different style mag release. I can't remember what other guns it is common on, but I've seen it before.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    H&K makes a nice line of ambidextrous pistols, as well. They aren't cheap, but the quality is excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Finally got around to handing in the application for my concealed carry permit. The hardest thing was scrounging up the cash. It cost me around $140 in fees--the biggest being the cost of the finger prints--but I finally handed it in a little over a month ago. Now I just have to sit back and wait.

On another note, hopefully I find the time to head out deer hunting.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Aero 2.8 V6 Turbo Sedan
    I'm into the pistols myself and have a love for anything military. Here in Australia gun control is off the scale and keeping a firearm requires dedication to sporting associations and regular competition shooting to keep a permit. Having said that, I've done a little .22 shooting with single and double action S&W revolvers and my groupings at 25m range are pretty tight. I've just joined a club and will probably go for the .22 Reuger semi auto but I think the bees knees is the Colt 1911 .44 semi auto.
    It's all good fun. I just do targets, can't get into hunting and the killing of animals.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I gotta say though that in long arms, that 50mm Barret with the tripod on the front (used by US snipers) looks an impressive piece of kit!!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    The Barrett is pretty impressive. But for the ultimate long distance, you want something that will fire the .338 Lapua cartridge. The ballistics on those are just incredible. They can go far longer distances than 50 caliber too. Sure, they don't have the immediate stopping power at the shorter ranges (shorter is relative here), but the Lapua is designed for those targets that really far away (over 1000m).
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Fascinating. I must admit that stopping power is not a big thing for me however the whole art of the ballistics really takes my attention.

The .338 Lapua cartridge. I know what I'll be Googling over the weekend

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Finally got around to handing in the application for my concealed carry permit. The hardest thing was scrounging up the cash. It cost me around $140 in fees--the biggest being the cost of the finger prints--but I finally handed it in a little over a month ago. Now I just have to sit back and wait.

On another note, hopefully I find the time to head out deer hunting.
    You better start writing your state government.

Politicians call for emergency Senate vote to pass gun laws | The Villager Newspaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    Oy vey!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers