Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo

Buick 9-4x?

It is my understanding (which might be wrong) that GM built the 9-4x, so it to Saab, and Saab re-sells it to customers.

So with Saab having filed for bankruptcy, and the rumors I've read about a Buick 5 seat cross over coming soon... along with Chevy having the Equinox, Gmc the Terrain, Cadillac the SRX, and no Buick of that platform.

GM could just make minimal changes/new investment and restart the line...

So any thoughts on GM just rebadging the 9-4x as a Buick?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Buick will introduce a small crossover Buick Encore at the Detroit Auto show in January. There isn't much information available yet but I think it makes a lot of sense it is based on the SRX/Equinox/9-4X platform.

And with the Saab 9-4X not being made anymore, they may have some extra manufacturing capacity in Mexico.

2013 Buick Encore Teased: 2012 Detroit Auto Show

Just the Facts:

Buick's new compact crossover, the 2013 Encore, will make its world debut in January at the Detroit show.
    Buick will continue to release teaser shots of the car each week on its Facebook page until the official unveiling in early January at Detroit's Cobo Center.

DETROIT — Buick on Wednesday confirmed that its new compact crossover, the 2013 Encore, will make its world debut in January at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show.

The five-passenger Encore, known widely in cyber circles as the "baby Enclave," will feature "contemporary styling, signature QuietTuning technology and a host of features and amenities customers expect from Buicks today," the brand said in a statement.

Buick released a single teaser image of the Encore's left front corner, showing portions of a headlamp, grille, hood and fender.

The brand will continue to release teaser shots of the car each week on its Facebook page until the official unveiling in early January at Detroit's Cobo Center.

The new Encore has been referred to frequently in online chat rooms and forums as the "baby Enclave," both because of its smaller size and supposed resemblance to Buick's full-size Enclave crossover, which is slated to get a significant face-lift for model year 2013.

Some media reports also have suggested the new Buick compact crossover will borrow some styling cues from the Buick Envision concept that was unveiled earlier this year at the 2011 Shanghai Auto Show.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    I've read that the Encore is supposed to be a "Compact" cross over.. and talk about Gamma-II?

But if this is the clay model of it... then it does look kind of similar at least shape wise.. (see -> Buick 5-Seater CUV Updates? - Page 2 )

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I never liked the single windshield wiper concept. On a few occasions I had a blade fail and could at least see out of one. A motor failure of course is a different story but at least with one I could scoot over in the seat and make it home.

My 1989 Mercedes had one blade and it always made me a bit nervous.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    That's quite small.. can't say I really care for the design.

2013 Buick Encore is smaller than you think

Buick is making bold proclamations about the Encore being a pioneer in the premium subcompact crossover market, and as if to emphasize the point, General Motors compares the vehicle to the BMW X1 and Audi Q3 in its press materials – vehicles that aren't even sold in the U.S.
    I saw quite a few X1's in Europe and it seems to be good size over there. But in the US? It seems there is a reason the X1 isn't sold here.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Yeah, it looks like what the Chinese would do to a 9-4 ...
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I just saw the Q3 is going to be sold in the US.

Audi lifts veil on Q3 Vail concept, confirms production Q3 for North America

there's a 314-horsepower, 2.5-liter turbo five-cylinder powering all four wheels through a seven-speed automatic for an impressive 5.5-second sprint to 62 mph.
    That's quite the engine for its size.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    That Encore is definitely too small.

And is that a "pop up" display on the dash board? Yikes. That was one thing I really didn't like about the SRX in Scott Saab/Cadillac's showroom when I looked at my 9-4x.

That Audi looks good.

Sean Hughes
    Saab(s)
    '91 Saab c900 N/A base
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I just saw the Q3 is going to be sold in the US.

Audi lifts veil on Q3 Vail concept, confirms production Q3 for North America

That's quite the engine for its size.

This is better than the Encore any day! From that spy shot it reminded me of more of a Cadillac front end, don't know why...
    -Sean Hughes
    ------------------------------------------------
    - '91 Saab c900 N/A base model

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    That Buick sure puts the ICK in BUICK! Yikes!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com