Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

New photo gallery software

The built-in image and album feature in vBulletin is very limited so we invested in some new software (Photopost) for hosting, viewing, managing and sharing images. I am still finding my way around it but it is looking good so far. We already have the Garage for documenting and sharing pictures of your Saab but this will have a lot more functionality for other picture sharing like events, your pictures of Saab museums, pictures for repair manuals, documenting restorations and much more. The only limits are your imagination. Talking about limits.. registered users have a set limit of 50MB but we can increase that if needed.

A new tab will be added to the navigation bar soon but the gallery can be found here: http://saabworld.net/gallery/

One of the reasons to set this up is the potential demise of the Saab Media websites and all archived images on those. The goal is to download all images and make them available here on SaabWorld for ever. Downloading is probably the easy part and uploading / categorizing and documenting will take a while. I started with testing but many of the images are huge.

The vBulletin albums will remain available for now but please start using the new system for all new uploads.

One of the main advantages of this software is the ability to categorize and tag images. I started with some categories but we can easily expand on those.

As always, this is your community and we need your feedback. Check it out when you have some time, upload some pictures, create albums and report any problems and make suggestions.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    One of my favorite features so far is the possibility of doing a bulk upload with a zip file. Just add multiple images to a zip file, select that file for the upload and it will automatically process the images.

Added a new category for wallpapers.

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    One thing we did on TSL before the take over was allow for larger galleries with a $20 donation.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, how many members are going to use this and run out of space.

What about on-the-fly watermarking the images with the SW name (like garaget.org)? Community builder by showing the source of an image when someone links to it on another website? Or annoying as hell? I can go either way.

Edit: the watermarking feature changes the image url so that's not a good idea.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    On each photo page, you will see several links under Additional Info.

Linked Thumbnail
    : include a thumbnail of the image in a post (on any forum). Click on the image and go to SW to view the medium and large image

Linked Medium: include the medium image in a post (on any forum). Click on the image and go to SW to view the large image and more information

Medium Image: Just the image, no link

Direct link
    : No image, jus a link to the image

http://saabworld.net/gallery/data/57...07SB_N5033.jpg

IM/EMail: No image, just a link to the image page

2007 Saab 9-5 - 60th Anniversary - - Gallery