Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1988' 900 T16 Auto

Question Dashboard troubles

Hey everyone, recently i had to replace my heater control valve due to breaking those two plastic hose connecters, and in doing so i removed the dashboard after spending hours trying to get a stripped nut out. After successfully replacing the heater control valve, i was in the process of putting the dashboard back in the car. That's where i ran into a few problems; my hazard light is finicky and keeps the battery light on after i press the switch ( wasnt like this before ). Im not sure if its the switch, or something else behind the scenes. The other thing is, i have one grey thin wire that i cant figure out where it goes. I heard it might belong to the recirculation switch, or something related. I'll post a picture of it. Last but not least, none of my lights for the fascia turn on. They worked before i put the dashboard back in, but now they don't. I took a quick video of what i am talking about. and please excuse the led zeppelin in the back.

Picture of the wire:

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Saab(s)
    1988' 900 T16 Auto
    Fixed the bulb problem. Just need to fix the hazard switch, and figure out where that gray connector go.

Hear my Saab a comin' nuclear944's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    Past: 1989 SPG & 1989 900 N/A Sedan
    I've had these problems randomly come up. Usually it's corrosion in the contacts or a ground somewhere. Wiggling in the connector straps at the back of the instrument cluster usually works.
    Keep in mind that a lot of connectors remain unused if your car is lacking a certain option or feature. I don't recall seeing that gray connector in my car.

Make sure you haven't installed the connector for the hazard switch backwards.

Saab(s)
    1988' 900 T16 Auto
    Okay, I'll check them out, and maybe get my hands on a replacement switch. I've asked others about the connector, and they say the same thing. I didn't think you can install the switch backwards, they have different size grooves on each side.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    that gray wire connector is for the illumination of the green ring cigarrete lighter.