Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Beams go perpendicular to the duct?
    Yes, it's only like that in that room and the garage, the ducts that feed the 3 bedrooms upstairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Primed and ready for paint.

I ran out of tinted primer and had to use untinted for part of a wall and the stairwell. I've got 50ft of primed baseboard ready to go down, I'm picking up a friends miter saw tomorrow to cut them. If all goes well I'll be done tomorrow. Next step is a trip to IKEA for an entertainment center.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I suggest not getting the LACK from IKEA. It's just too low for a TV. At first you just find it weird, but after watching a movie you get a bit of a crick in your neck. I did find online if you get two of them, you can stack two of them (with a tad bit of wood working). Maybe when I've got another $100 burning a hole in my pocket I'll pick on up, but the closest IKEA is over an hour and a half away.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    That´s a good job!. I am used to brick walls around here, so quite a different way of doing things.
    Yeah, European construction is much more solid. My house has a brick exterior with a little bit of vinyl siding on the front. But the interior walls are lath board nailed to 2x4 studs set 16in on-center, then coated with some kind of topping compound. The rowhouse I lived in in downtown Cincinnati before we moved to Denmark had 9 inch thick brick exterior walls and 18 inch think walls between the houses.

My sister in laws house in Denmark has walls made of solid concrete. Our place in Denmark was older and it had brick interior walls.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I suggest not getting the LACK from IKEA. It's just too low for a TV. At first you just find it weird, but after watching a movie you get a bit of a crick in your neck. I did find online if you get two of them, you can stack two of them (with a tad bit of wood working). Maybe when I've got another $100 burning a hole in my pocket I'll pick on up, but the closest IKEA is over an hour and a half away.
    I think my wife has something picked out. Plus it's in the kids playroom and the couch down there is a European sized sectional. It's a little narrower and not as tall as an American sized couch. We got a IKEA about 3 years ago, before that the closet one was in Chicago.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Minor touch-up painting aside, the room is done. We'll have the furniture back in it tomorrow and we need to make a trip to IKEA for a new entertainment center, but it's done.

For my first attempt at hanging drywall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Last edited by Hirsch; 01 February 2012 at 02:24.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Minor things aside(hanging blinds, etc), I'm done.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less

Looks great!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Wow, that's quite a change. Are you allowed to use it or is it a hangout place only for the women in your home??

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    It's supposed to be a playroom for my kids, to keep the toys from being scattered all over the house. My wife's desktop is down there, too.

I've got a man cave in the basement. Concrete floor, cheap couch, 26in Insignia flat screen with surround.