Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Michael S. Lucas
    Saab(s)
    1991 900 SE Turbo Convertible, 2000 Saab 9-5 3.0 Wagon

New Saab next to the garage

I thought I should introduce myself since I have recently acquired a Saab new to me and have already obtained useful information and incouragement from members.
    My name is Michael and I acquired a non-running but beautiful 91 900 se Turbo convertible a few months ago. I picked it up from a repair shop parking lot with the 5spd trans in boxes in the trunk and the engine literally laying in the engine bay. It is otherwise in excellent shape. I have also acquired a 5spd from an 87 model but have decided to wait for a 91/94 trans due to it's better design items.

A little about myself, I am a stay at home dad for past ten years-love it! Prior to that I have worked in several car dealerships in service, and every other department. Since I was 6 I was raised in a import car dealership enviroment and have had a unique education and experiences as a diehard car lover.
    Now, like most others I struggle along and occassionally come accross a car I have to have and bring it back to daily status. I have done ground-up restorations on many VW bugs, 3 BMW 2002's, and have owned and driven many 'project cars' like a BMW Bavaria, a few VW Things, a Saab 96, a Saab 99 and literally dozens of others.
    I try to snap pics and update my project threads and hope to be an asset to this group as it is to me.
    Here a few pics of my car as picked up, and I will try to replace the crappy pics with a real camera when I get into the repairs.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Welcome aboard from another stay-at-home dad( I prefer to be called a Domestic Engineer.)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Welcome Michael, I am looking forward to the project threads and more pictures. It sounds like you have quite the experience in bringing cars back to life. I would like to own a 900 some day but the timing hasn't been right yet.

Michael S. Lucas
    Saab(s)
    1991 900 SE Turbo Convertible, 2000 Saab 9-5 3.0 Wagon
    I realize it has been a while since I have posted but this car has truly been on the back burner of my life. I have however been compiling parts and gleaning information and now, in the last week, have put it together and it runs and drives.
    Through the GLSC I met Jim Lamin who is not only very generous but a informative and a joy to talk to. Without knowing me at all, he dug up a used 5 speed transmission and shifter set-up and advised me on some of the pitfalls and short cuts to do the swap.
    I will now throw a few photos in because, well, everyone loves photos.
    (apologies for fuzzy cell phone pics)