Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

What does your username mean?

Please share what it means and why you choose it.

Not sure if we already had a thread about this so post a link if you find one. If anyone wants to change their user name, please post in this thread: http://saabworld.net/f26/username-changes-1521/

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    In 2007, when I first chose the user name Hirsch it was because I have a Hirsch Performance ECU tune. It was installed by the dealer in Copenhagen that delivered my 9-3. At the time Hirsch products were not available in the US, so I had something unique.

If you met me in person and called me Hirsch, I'd probably answer to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I don't remember. I like the ring of it though. Nearly every forum I'm a member of, the name is open, if not, I go with ShazamV4.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I originally choose the name Wulf because I didn't want to use anything Saab specific. SC was the first forum I was active on and I wanted something I could use on other non-Saab forums as well. I couldn't come up with anything snappy really so I just took the first part of my last name. My last name originated in Germany and Wulf is related to wolf which are quite interesting animals. So Wulf it was.

When I was on vacation in Germany, I heard my name Wulf on the radio quite frequently. If I kept up with German politics, I would have known they were actually talking about the current German president Christian Wulff. Still kind of strange to hear your username on the radio and TV (pronounced 'woolf').

Perhaps I just should go back to using Wulf as my user name. That's what everybody is calling me anyway. Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Masterfully Slow Learner SPGreg's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    Three SPGs
    When I got back into Saabs after a 20 year hiatus, I bought an SPG. Then I got another one. My name is Greg. I guess the rest is obvious.

Had I not chosen an SPG-related name, I likely would have chosen something related to my all-time favorite movie, The Jerk, starring Steve Martin. Name:  full_1295617770thejerk.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  26.9 KBNavinJohnson900, or something.

"You mean I'm gonna stay this color?"
    Last edited by SPGreg; 24 January 2012 at 04:27.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    "Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.
    And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.
    The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.
    And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[Shithead growls at him] ..........
    I don't need my dog."
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    My name is Jared. Friends thought it was spelled Jarod, and started calling me J-Rod. It stuck. I'm still J-Rod to most of them.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Masterfully Slow Learner SPGreg's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    Three SPGs
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    "Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.
    And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.
    The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.
    And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[Shithead growls at him] ..........
    I don't need my dog."

Ha! Kills me every time.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Aero. I very much like how the word sounds in Spanish and my present car is, by far, the best one I have ever owned, so the choice was obvious, wasn´t it?.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Mark Venture is from the Japanese animated series Star Blazers that was on TV every day when I came home from grade school.

When I first started joining on-line forums about cell phones and cell phone hacking, I decided to use Mark_Venture rather than my real name... And its stuck with me everywhere I go.

Besides, in real life, people often mistakenly call me Mark instead of my real name, Mike.