Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero

Guitar love

OK I'll admit I've been unfaithful lately, hanging out with a new crowd at some guitar forums (strat talk, tdpri, matsumoku.org)

Hadn't had an electric guitar for nearly 20 years and played the old acoustic rarely in that time but my son's discovery of the guitar (and purchase of a strat) has rekindled my love of guitars. In the past few months I've bought three! A couple of lovely old Aria Pro IIs from their golden era of 1977-84. Also a 1981 Fender Bullet S3, a sweet little USA-made guitar that has a telecaster neck with a body that's strat-shaped but slightly smaller (not to be confused with the cheap Squier Bullets they pump out these days).

Here's the family, including the boy's 2010 Highway 1 strat and my daughter's bass (another early 80s Japanese Aria Pro II, bought so she wouldn't feel left out when we're jamming)

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Nice! My brother has an American strat and a '91 Gibson Explorer.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I've got a Yamaha acoustic. I've tried to learn on it at least half a dozen times, but I just can't get it. My fingers just don't seem to be able to bend the right way.

I'm afraid to sell it because I'll feel like "If I just paid for a lesson, I would have gotten it!" Some day... some day.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I bought a Fender acoustic guitar many years ago but I never really got into it. Learning to play the guitar from a DVD probably isn't the best method and I don't know any teachers around where I live. Or perhaps I just don't have any talent for this.

Edit: just read Mike's post after I posted mine. That's me as well. I have a hard time with one hand doing one thing and the other doing something completely different. I just keep looking from one hand to the other but perhaps that just needs experience where it becomes second nature. Like driving a car with manual transmission.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I got a 1964 Greco electric acoustic guitar, a Japanese guitar based off a Gibson Les Paul. I can play the guitar but I am horrible at it. I bought the guitar at a second hand store in Miami for $80 years ago and just got it appraised last year for over $600 so it was a good investment.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    I got a 1964 Greco electric acoustic guitar, a Japanese guitar based off a Gibson Les Paul. I can play the guitar but I am horrible at it. I bought the guitar at a second hand store in Miami for $80 years ago and just got it appraised last year for over $600 so it was a good investment.
    OK I've got to see a pic of that! Grecos have a great reputation. Some of them were made in the same factory as my Aria ProIIs (Matsumoku)