Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Whatever you do, don't get a Blackberry. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700. It's terrible. I can't even use it now. The stupid trackpad stopped working a few weeks ago. On top of that, Bluetooth stopped working last year, along with the Wifi and the camera album stopped opening. Before this, I had an 8310 BB Curve. It was terrible too. Not sure why I bought another Blackberry. Neither of them lasted to the end of my 2-year contract without becoming unusable.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Hmmm, most people I know with Blackberries pretty much say the opposite. I still wouldn't get one on the grounds that it has one of the least user friendly interfaces. In a world of smartphone becoming very easy to use (iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android...), Blackberry insists on sticking with what they've been doing. Sure, it was revolutionary when PalmPilots were still common, but now it's outdated and just darn confusing. I can go up to an iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone 7, (as much as I don't like them) and easily figure out how to take a picture or go on the internet, but the same can't be said for Blackberry; unless you have past experience with a Blackberry.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jared
    Saab(s)
    Yep. When mine still worked and someone wanted to look up something online I'd toss it to them and they'd hand it back. lol It took me 20 minutes to setup the Bluetooth on it.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    I've been using a 2-yr old Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro:

I use it for:

• phoning people
    • texting
    • day planner/calendar
    • MP3 player
    • still camera (5mp)
    • video camera (HD 720p @ 24fps)

I don't have a data plan so I don't look up things online with it.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jared
    Saab(s)
    I LOVE Sony Ericson. I had two, years ago, and they were both great.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    I LOVE Sony Ericson. I had two, years ago, and they were both great.
    SE is now just Sony ...... Ericsson no longer in the picture:

Sony hints that Vita OS might head to smartphones | TG Daily
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    I'm using a Nokia Lumia and loving it. I've had an iPhone 4 and the G2x and Windows Phone is the best in my opinion. The Lumia line gives you free offline navigation as well.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    ST, what carrier are you with (or going to go to)? I kinda live in the tech sector and could answer most any questions or give unbiased opinions on nearly any phone/tablet/computer available.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    I'm with vodafone. I must admit I'm partial to Nokias. I was actually an early adopter, had a brick of a Siemens when mobiles were still quite uncommon. Then had this Philips with a pop-out microphone that was quite hi-tech for its time. Shame the battery was good for about 4 hours!
    I wouldn't bother using a phone for GPS (map book is quicker and I have a good memory) or social networking (too old to care) so emails and the very occasional out-and-about internet search would be about it. Oh yeah and some groovy apps -- guitar tuner, umm..some others

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    Well with the Android choices available, there are a few I would recommend.
    The Nexus is the "Android GodPhone". Direct specs from Google, the latest OS and, sadly, probably the buggiest.
    The Galaxy S2 is a great phone - it'll be the most feature packed, with the most OS support. It's also the largest and probably most expensive.
    The HTC Evo 3D is a great phone; the Evo series is definitely one of the most robust Android lines available. The 3D model however suffers from feature bloat and poor battery life.
    The HTC Sensation line is right next to the Evo with good specs, decent battery life and the same level of support as the Evo. I would recommend the Sensation as a great Android phone that will be supported for a long while. The XL would probably be your best bet, as with a single core processor you'll get better battery life. It has 16GB internal memory so you won't be in need for a good long time.

I cannot recommend the Huawei X3. It is a slow, clunky phone with less than acceptable processor and memory configurations. Same goes for the Galaxy Fit.

As for Nokia phones, I wouldn't recommend purchasing one right now. Nokia's OS (Symbian) is being pulled from development and nobody's sure which direction they are going to take just yet.