Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Thumbs up Carlisle, PA - 18-20 May 2012 - Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals

SAVE THE DATE!
    MAY 18-20, 2012

Saab's @ Carlisle 2012 is just around the corner! Please stand by for more details.

Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals - British, French, German, Swedish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Collector, Performance, Parts, Accessories

Central Penn Saab Club is the club organizer and will have a registration page up and running ASAP - keep posted!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have never been to Carlisle but heard a lot of good things about this event.

Isn't Carlisle mostly about older and modded cars? I don't really know much about it.

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Not at all - you can find completely clean stock old new and current Saab's to your diamond in the ruff, and dare to be different and extreme modified class Saabs of all years. Swap meet section - lots of booze and food and we also have a "drive in" movie on the side of a tractor trailor. Best Saab show on earth
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I wish I could be there!

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    I wish I could be there!
    You could be - book a flight and hook up with a fellow Saaber for a ride!

Saab(s)
    '91 9kT, '10 9-5 Aero
    Registration is now up for Carlisle, here's a copy of my post from tsl with some info.

Please reach out to me with any questions you may have.

Thanks!

So here's a little update for everyone.

Registration is up now and can be found at the following site.

https://www.eventville.com/Catalog/E...ventId=1009326

For the most part everything is going to be the same as last year with the exception of two changes.

The badge fee for this year will be increasing to $20. No this is not to send those of us at the Central Penn Saab Club to Vegas for a weekend or anything like that. As you can expect, with the current state of the Saab brand, finding sponsors to help cover our costs is difficult to say the least. We have a few people on board, but seeing as new cars aren't being delivered and the future of the brand is in jeopardy at the moment, getting monetary committments from Saab dealerships is nearly impossible. The badge fee covers our expenses for food for lunch (previously covered by one of our sponsors), as well as our tent, chair, and table rentals among other things. While i realize that no one likes spending more money, we are dedicated to having the best Saab event in the country and will not be doing a half assed job. It will be as good if not better than ever, as well as the best value. Marc Fails (Neuswede) will be jumping in with more info at some point as well when he has the opportunity in the near future.

The other change this year will be in the People's Choice area. In order for your vehicle to be judged in Peoples Choice, you will have to preregister your vehicle. The reason for this is that there was much confusion in Saturday from walk-ins that did not give correct information, and in one case registered several cars under the same person who didn't even have a car there or something of that nature, which led to problems with verification of award winners and actual participants not getting awards. By requiring preregistration, this allows us to verify all vehicle info prior to the event and will ensure that the awards are correct.

People who do not pre-register WILL still be able to show the vehicle they bring, it just will not be in the judging for Peoples Choice.

Feel free to throw out any questions, i will gladly answer them for you.

We look forward to another fantastic year @ Carlisle, and i look forward to seeing everyone.

Also, I apologize for any typos in this post or anything, i just typed this up on my phone as i'm currently on the road (not actually driving though).

- Jon Lausch
    President - Central Penn Saab Club

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    As a CPSC Member - do we get a discount on registration? lol Oh - and I registered. So far just bringing the 86' 9000

Saab(s)
    '91 9kT, '10 9-5 Aero
    Not exactly, but we take care of people who help out at Carlisle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
    [FONT=Tahoma]As you can expect, with the current state of the Saab brand, finding sponsors to help cover our costs is difficult to say the least. We have a few people on board, but seeing as new cars aren't being delivered and the future of the brand is in jeopardy at the moment, getting monetary committments from Saab dealerships is nearly impossible.[/FONT]
    When we started SaabWorld, the goal was to support the Saab community and these types of events. We discussed this with the moderators and we are on a quest to raise some funds to become a sponsor for the Saturday Night Movie Theater.

We need to raise $150. As we are still a pretty small site with limited income, SaabWorld will donate $75 if we can get the the other $75 from donations from our members. And I am glad to announce we already made a great start so we are almost there.

Shazam - $25
    Burnsside42 - $20
    SaabWorld - $75
    ----------------------
    Current balance: $120

I am sure we can raise another $30 so please submit your donation if you have a few dollars, euros or any other currency to spare. This will be a great opportunity to support all the volunteers who put in a lot of work in these events and to let everyone know what SaabWorld is about.

Use this link to submit your donation for this event: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=GGKWFMZX9HBD8

If we reach our goal for this event, any remaining funds will be applied to the next event we are going to support. More to follow.

These are not huge amounts we are talking about but every little bit helps. Thanks!

Saab(s)
    '91 9kT, '10 9-5 Aero
    We greatly appreciate your efforts. Every amount helps and will be greatly appreciated. I will pass this info on to my VP and board of directors.

Once again, Thank You to Saabworld and everyone else who has or will be contributing, either monetarily or by helping at the show itself.