Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 2.3T sedan

What is this called ?

I have a 2004 9-5 2.3T. I get error code P1230. Car goes into limp home mode. I found a hose and a white connector piece. The pieces no longer fit securely. Hose is cracked. It is located right under engine cover between DIC and throttle body. One end of the hose fits into the throttle body. I want to replace hose and the connector piece. I just dont know what they are called or what to specifically order. I dont live near a Saab Dealer. My question(s) is what is the section of house and the connector called ? Do you have a diagram for this line ? And does P1230 have to do with throttle body going into limp home mode due to a vacuum leak ? I am so frustrated right now. I need to get the car to pass smog check. Damn check engine lights !!Name:  IMG_0547.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  36.2 KBName:  IMG_0548.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  37.1 KBName:  IMG_0546.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  38.1 KB

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Code 1230 is your throttle body itself with 3 possible resolutions. I software update to the ECU at your dealer might cure it, but I doubt it. You can remove it and clean it up including the internal electrical connections or you can send it to BBA Reman for rebuilding.. The hose in your photo is part of the PVC system. That hose I believe ends up in the fire box down below and in back of the motor. Just get a new check valve and a new hose, but I doubt that would cause limp home. Take the hose off and look at it then go to your dealer or e bay or EEuro parts and get another one and a check valve. Each hose has its own shape and to see which is yours is not hard too see.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Here is some more technical information about the error code: http://saabworld.net/f144/p1230-thro...circuit-25302/

The code will trigger limp-home:

System reaction to a fault:
    - Throttle control goes into limp-home mode. The limp-home solenoid will be activated 5 times in succession each time the ignition is turned on until the fault has been rectified and the trouble codes cleared.
    Thanks to Mike's info, I was able to find the parts in the EPC. It looks like you need hose #8 and valve 3A.

Name:  Crankcase ventilation part numbers.gif
Views: 939
Size:  12.8 KB

Name:  Crankcase ventilation.gif
Views: 971
Size:  15.3 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 2.3T sedan
    Thank you Mike for the quick response. Greatly appreciated

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 2.3T sedan
    Frank thank you very much for the info ! The diagrams are a huge help. I found another leaky check valve. It is on the driver side of, and just below the throttle body. There is a section of molded hose. It is only about 4-5 inches in length and leads to a check valve. Do you have a diagram of this area ? Or is there a place where I can find the diagrams online ?

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Fist make sure the valve is shot. one way you should be able to blow thru it and not be able to suck, or vise versa. If it works just replace the hose.