Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero

Start collecting those 9000s

Possibly the most OTT car ad I've seen:

Find Cheap Used & Second Hand Cars For Sale | Victoria Park | Gumtree Classifieds

Date Listed 25/02/2012
    Price $7,888.00
    Address 342 Albany Hwy, Victoria Park WA 6100, Australia
    For Sale By Owner
    Make Saab
    Model 9-Series
    Body Type Hatchback
    Year 1996
    Kilometers 228000
    Transmission Automatic
    Drivetrain Front-wheel drive (FWD)
    Air Conditioning Yes

Stunningly looking 5 door hatchback designed by the famous Italian Giorgetto Giugiaro yet build by the Swedes for the practicality and long lasting? Whether you are a SAAB enthusiast or just looking for SOMETHING SPECIAL just to be different, then why don’t you consider this particular car. Alternatively if you are just searching for that FIRST car then surely this is a brilliant choice giving parents the safety piece of mind yet youngsters a sleek, modern classic with the oomph and very very long list of features!
    I have owned this unique vehicle since 2000. It has been lovingly driven and cared for as my pride and joy. You would obviously ask why am I selling it, well on my accountants advice unfortunately a time has come to upgrade and say goodbye but let me assure you the wonderful memories of the ownership will cherished forever and boy or boy it was a very difficult task searching for a suitable replacement that would tick all the boxes of this black beauty. Yes a lot of compromises certainly had to be made and finally found a new contender which needs the garage spot so the 9000 has to go.
    This car has never been involved in an accident (although it sure is a right car to be in if such an unfortunate incident would happen, having all the modern safety features such as ABS, Air Bags, high strength steel side intrusion bars etc. built in) and it is mechanically in a very good original condition.
    The only modification done was an upgrade of the SONY entertainment system incorporating MP3 and USB player, however still retaining the 10CD stacker and single CD player with remote control.
    This 9000 CSE packs a huge punch having the same 2.3 litre turbo 147kW engine as the AERO automatic transmission model. It is a very comfortable long distance tourer where the back seat passengers enjoy the same (if not better) level of comfort as the front seat occupants. Long legged people have always praised and admired the space this car has both at the front as well as the rear NAPA leather seats. Refinement and supple ride can be best appreciated, not to mention the odd burst of rocket-ship acceleration when the Garret T3 turbocharger kicks in feeling truly a driver’s car.
    It has a very modest milage, which is well below the average for its age, and still a lot of life left in it.
    The cabin interior is beautifully finished yet very functional and practical with the renowned Saab Information Display (SID) which shows instant and average fuel consumption, distance to an empty fuel tank, alternator output voltage, outside temperature, and lowest battery voltage during vehicle start. If the outside temperature fell to −3 C the temperature display is automatically selected to warn of possible "black ice" road conditions (unfortunately this feature never being tried in Perth’s warm climate). A separate digital display pictogram monitors all doors and hatch opening as well as exterior light bulb conditions.
    If you have by reading all the above this far, then surely you should be tempted to come and see this particular car in real life, alternatively I may be able to come and drive it over in the Perth metro area if you don’t have a transport or it’s just too inconvenient for whatever the reason. Very much an under-rated vehicle, but let you be the judge! When new, this model sold for $80,200 believe it or not, I still have the original SAAB brochure and the price list.
    Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you soon. Please also note, that I could help to arrange for Finance if required.
    Please call mobile 0468 359 448.
    In total, 503,087 Saab 9000s were manufactured which could be a future collectors model.
    By the way he's had the car for sale on another site (carsales) for a year or more -- I wonder why!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Why would you consider it OTT? AFAIK, everything he said is true Maybe a bit ambitious on his pricing, but WDIK about what a 9000 is worth in Perth?

BTW, if he ever gets his asking price, I'll be shipping him three more to flip for me.

jack vines