Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero

How do I remove the seat cushion...

I could use a newer driver seat cushion, leather is cracked. Found one at the junkyard today, but the seat is all the way down. Don't know if I can unbolt the seat. Any way to remove just the seat cushion with the leather seat?? I know I've seen one for sale on ebay.
    Last edited by 900Aero; 28 February 2012 at 02:57.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    First off, you must get a driver side. Passenger won't fit on a driver's seat.

You have to remove the entire seat to get the cushion off. Here is a decent write up: 18.12.2004: Saab NG900 Front Seat Removal - photo.platonoff.com

And here is a decent write up on how to get the cushion and stuff off the seat. Note, this guy did it on a base model (cloth, no electrics, no heated seats), so if you've got all that stuff, it's a bit more difficult, but same general steps. Here is the write up: http://www.thesaabsite.com/Saab-900-...al-removal.htm
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    First off, you must get a driver side. Passenger won't fit on a driver's seat.

You have to remove the entire seat to get the cushion off. Here is a decent write up: 18.12.2004: Saab NG900 Front Seat Removal - photo.platonoff.com

And here is a decent write up on how to get the cushion and stuff off the seat. Note, this guy did it on a base model (cloth, no electrics, no heated seats), so if you've got all that stuff, it's a bit more difficult, but same general steps. Here is the write up: http://www.thesaabsite.com/Saab-900-...al-removal.htm
    Thanks for the reply. My problem is I can't move the seat. It has no power. Any way around this? Anyway to move the seat without power?
    Last edited by 900Aero; 28 February 2012 at 02:58.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Do you know why it can't move? The first place to look is the relay underneath the drivers seat. Just press it in. The relay tends to work itself loose.

I'm not sure if there is a manual way to adjust them, but if I'm remembering correctly, I think there is a slot in the motor for a screw driver so you can move them... that could be the sunroof motor though. I might be confusing my motors.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Saab(s)
    There's definitely one for the sunroof, had not heard of one for the seat. It is also all the way down, very difficult to even see under it

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    It's been a couple years since I had to take out my front seats. I think the motors should be visible from the back. Should be enough room to see them even if the seats are already down. Not easily, but do-able.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    It also might work if you can manage to un bolt the motors themselves, the seats should just slide on the tracks. Be able to get anything to fit?
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    After some searching, it appears there is a manual backup. You need a special tool, but people have fabbed up a quick tool that works.

You just need to removed the side plastic panel on the seat (the panel that has the control buttons on it). Under that panel there is a manual crank that you need the tool for. If someone here has the WIS, I guess it's on that.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    After some searching, it appears there is a manual backup. You need a special tool, but people have fabbed up a quick tool that works.

You just need to removed the side plastic panel on the seat (the panel that has the control buttons on it). Under that panel there is a manual crank that you need the tool for. If someone here has the WIS, I guess it's on that.
    Instructions from the WIS: Saab 9-3 emergency operation of electric seat.pdf

Saab(s)
    Excellent Frank! Thanks! Anyone have a pic of this tool? Or any experience making one? Or have one to sell??

I found a reference to an emergency tool, some have found them in with the tool sets of their cars, and I found one reference of someone who made one.
    Attached Images Attached Images