Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2000 SAAB 9-5 SE V6

First Post SAAB Won't Start

Hello there, this is my first post on this forum. Well here's my story of my car. One day I went outside to turn on my car early in the morning and it turn on. I went back inside the house to grab my backpack. When I came back the car had turn off my itself. I try starting it again but it wouldn't turn on, it would just crank. I looked around on forums and people suggest it was the DIC and CPS so I changed both of them. Burned a big hole in my pocket (I'm 18 by the way and going to college; broke college kid). But the car still doesn't want to start I know the fuel pump works because I could hear it when I turn the ignition to on. Any help? My car is a 2000 SAAB V6 SE. I love my SAAB!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    First mistake - letting the internet diagnose your car and your pockets. Yes - CPS would have been the FIRST logical part to throw at it. The DI's not so much as they would create a Check Engine Light far before they "failed" and the chances of BOTH failing are unlikely.

You hear the pump running - I assume when you first turn the key ON - but can you confirm both it comes back on when cranking, and also that you have sufficient fuel pressure being supplied from the pump. If pressure is too low it will not start either.

Chances are you have a DTC (codes) stored - get them pulled if you can.

Also - check ALL fues on the end of the driver side dash - ensure NONE are blown or missing.

Does the car CRANK or NOTHING?
    Have you tried putting it in Neutral and starting?
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2000 SAAB 9-5 SE V6
    I haven't tried putting it in neutral and starting it(well try it this weekend since its at my uncle house). The fuses are all there and none of them look blown last time I checked. How do you check the fuel pressure of the car. Also how do you check for the codes with a obd2 scanner?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Does it crank - turn over - but not fire (spark)?

Yes or No?
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2000 SAAB 9-5 SE V6
    Yes it turns over but it won't fire. Here is a Youtube video that I uploaded. Thats my car Saab 9-5 v6 start up problem - YouTube

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 95 Aero
    I would see if you have any codes first. That would help a lot. Autozone checks them for free, but since your car is stuck you might ask a friend or just buy one. A good starting place is the three things needed to start a car: Fuel, fire (spark) and air. Fuel pressure can be checked with a gauge. You could also check the condition of your spark plugs. Hope others will chime in.