Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v

My visit to Kellermann SAAB, and a pristine 9000

Today I did a small visit to a local SAAB dealership, Joachim Kellermann SAAB Vertragspartner, in the city of Erlangen, just north of Nuremberg. I went there to get an estimate for the replacement of my front shocks and my CD changer, which I'll leave for a different post.

Like all SAAB dealers, Kellermann is suffering with the demise of the manufacturer, and has now turned to selling used SAABs. There was that feeling in the dealership that they were waiting at any moment for a car carrier to arrive from Trolhättan with brand new SAABs: all the brochures, all the props, everything was still in display, all like a usual SAAB dealer in better times. Just no new cars. Eerily sad and nostalgic...

Kellermann also sell Subarus, but according to the salesman Subaru sales in Germany sucks, new Subaru buyers never trade their used cars, they usually run them into the ground, so new sales are slow. Back to SAABs...

There were your usual early 9-3s and a few NG900 cabrios for sale outside, but what was inside is what caught my attention.

(forgive me for the crappy photos, I left the good camera home and will have to post cellphone pics...)

There were two beautiful wagons inside, a '07 9-3 Sport Combi 1.8T V6 Aero in red, with 66k kilometers, for sale for 16,900 Euro. That price includes 19% sales tax, US-equivalent price would be $18,252 (Euro to dollar conversion, minus tax).

The other was an automatic 9-5 Vector Combi 1.9TiD in metallic blue with a Hirsch package, 89k kilometers, selling for 13,900 Euro, which comes to $15,012 on the conversion (sorry I didn't catch the year on the 9-5!)

Both beautiful inside and out!

What really caught my eye, however, was a 9000 CSE 2.3 Turbo they had. What a stunning car! The salesman told me that they had two 9000s they restored into one. One 9000 had a perfect body and good used interior but bad engine, the other had the good mechanicals but was rusty. The dealership completely took the cars apart and made one: rebuilt the engine and transmission, repainted the body, put all new bushings, hoses, etc, plus a brand new leather interior with Elmo leather. With new Continental ContiProContact tires in 205/50-16 size in repainted wheels the car is beautiful, inside and out!

The 9000 was already sold, it went for 10,000 Euro! Would be $10,800 on my conversion.

It's not everyday you see an as-new 9000 at a SAAB dealership!

Finished in a deep, metallic shade of blue, beautiful color, the camera does it no justice!

123,252 km on the odometer, but the engine came from the other car and is all new, so the odometer is moot.

New Interior

Clean

Elmo Leather tag

Looks new in person

The only other SAAB they had in the show room was this, probably the most eco-friendly SAAB ever, only 1,387 Euro new!!

I have to return to the dealer on March 6 to pick up some parts, hopefully next time the 9000 will still be there, as I won't forget my good camera. The dealer says the buyer is from northern Germany and hasn't made arrangements to pick it up yet...

The salesman also asked me if I am interested in buying a 9000 since I was so interested in this one. They said they have two 9000s coming in for sale within a month or two. I told them if it's older than 1989 and in good shape I might be interested, I can bring those cars to the US with me when I return in 2015.

I also got in contact with the local Franconian SAAB Club (SAAB Club Franken), and will be meeting them at the next monthly meeting at a Gästhaus in Nuremberg, hopefully I'll get some good pictures of German SAABs!
    Last edited by rpiereck; 28 February 2012 at 19:42.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Those calipers - RED - are not stock - and those 91' Aero Wheels are not correct either for that car. Aside from that - I like it and want it. Curious to hear/see what other cars they get in for sale....
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Yeah, I see they took some license with the car, but the overall product looks great. Is the stitching of the old SAAB airplane logo on the seats correct for that car or another add on? The car is very sharp.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have never seen a two-tone 9000 interior before was that available from the Saab as well?

New car prices are usually higher in Europe compared to the US but used car values seem very reasonable. I would like to have that 9-5 Vector SC diesel here in the US for $15K.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    That is a 1997 9000 CSE Anniversary Edition - aka 9000 Aero minus the Aero-ness
    Special Seats with the airplane logo were embossed with the two tone "Griffin" Styled leather seats. This was a worldwide offering for 1997 9000's (Second to last year of the 9000)
    Should have had the Super Aero wheels with OPEN wheel bolts - those are what they came with.

As seen on my 95' 9000 CS
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com