Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Saab(s)
    Saab 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Pull your radio out - get me the info (all the numbers on the top) and I can get you the code for free. This is only for 1998 and older Saab's however.

Also - are you sure it's the cars original radio? I've never had to put a code in on ANY 9-3 or 9-5 car.... they are all mated via a Tech2 (a'la Dealer). If the radio in the car is from another car and was never divorced - it's not gonna work on yours easily.

I also have a 9-5 Radio from a 2001 which WAS divorced I have for sale if you need one which CAN be programmed to yours.....
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. We are about to buy a 1997 Saab 900 2.3 manual and were told that the radio needs the security code because when he changed the battery, the radio reset itself. The owners manual and the card that had the code on it aren't in the car, and the sellers don't have it. I was wondering if you could help us figure out the code.

Saab(s)
    98' Saab 9-5 2.0t
    Hi. I've got a 98 Saab 9-5 that I had to disconnect the battery from due to the theft alarm constantly going randomly off. And because of this, the radio code "error" keeps popping up every time I'm using the car and therefore I am not able to listen to radio, etc. I was wondering if you could get me a code if I provide you the information that you need?

Saab(s)
    1997 Saab 900s
    Any chance you can find a radio code for me? I have a 1997 Saab 900s. sn#YS4929V2083067 FCC ID AX2PU9716A PU-9716A 286-7982-01
    The vin # is YS3DD58B9V2049727
    Help! Thanks for any help.

sincerely,

Brian Moore

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Sadly Saab is no more and "ORIO" has messed everything up - I am awaiting a new log on account via work so I can SPS get radio codes and program things. Amazing how a Saab service center can be so relaxed about such an important thing.... I can do everything but get radio codes on my own at home, but I can't at work lol
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

:-)
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 2003 Linear 2.3L

Red face Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3L 2003

Hi Every One, before the all sorry for my english.

I'm from Canada (province of Quebec) and I don't have any Saab's dealer.
    So, my Saab lost the radio key after two months disconnected battery. I really don't know how resolve this, but I have read this post: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ght=radio+code

I don't know if you can show me the code look-like Burnsside42 today. It would be really nice. however I am really to pay... any one have a solution?

Best regards, Jean-Francis.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Bonjour Jean-Francis, I added your post to the existing thread as it will have a better chance to be seen by others with the same problem.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Pull your radio out - get me the info (all the numbers on the top) and I can get you the code for free. This is only for 1998 and older Saab's however.

Also - are you sure it's the cars original radio? I've never had to put a code in on ANY 9-3 or 9-5 car.... they are all mated via a Tech2 (a'la Dealer). If the radio in the car is from another car and was never divorced - it's not gonna work on yours easily.

I also have a 9-5 Radio from a 2001 which WAS divorced I have for sale if you need one which CAN be programmed to yours.....

Good afternoon guys.
    Are you still able to do this, Burnside? If so I would appreciate a radio code as mine has just blanked off after a starter motor change.
    Many thanks
    Chris

warpedw
    Saab(s)
    2003 Linear 9 5 Wagon
    Hello all,
    I, too, have the RADIO CODE issue in my 2003 9-5. This is the 2nd time. I have a picture of the top of my radio, and have taken this in to have the code read for $100, but now it is $150. I would love to know how I, without a Tech II, can reset my radio code. She is a 2003 and her owner's manual was stolen from the glove compartment, years ago. I am the only owner she has had, but I would love to be able to fix this when it pops up. If you can help me out, please leave a message here. Thank you in advance,
    Lynda Bass

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    With the possible exception of some early cars the Saab 9-5 radio DOES NOT HAVE A CODE! Security is achieved by "marrying" the radio to the car's electronics using Tech 2. If you get a message Radio Code you need to get a Tech 2 connected and have the radio "re-married" to the system. Given that the majority of 9-5s have a Radio/Cassette/CD head unit replacing this with a modern head unit is likely to provide greater functionality and reliability, but will lose the ability to have the radio remain on with the key at "Off".

The choice is, obviously, yours but I felt the advantages of an up to date head unit outweighed the disadvantages of losing the steering wheel controls. If the relationship between the head unit and DICE/TWICE breaks down there is a possibility that there is a fault in the head unit, getting these repaired is difficult because of their age.