Peter Dörrich, vehicle chief engineer on various Saab product programs and responsible for development of the Saab 9-4X is moving on.

More info about Dörrich: Saab manager Peter Dörrich praised as best manager for 2011

From the gCaptain website (Maritime and Offshore News):

In a move that strengthens its Marine Engineering and Technology team, Rolls-Royce has recruited Oskar Levander from Wärtsilä and Peter Michael Dörrich from Saab. Sauli Eloranta, Rolls-Royce, Executive Vice President Engineering & Technology – Marine said:

“Oskar and Peter are industry leaders. They will enhance our capacity to develop cutting edge marine technologies and world class engineering processes. I am delighted that they have chosen to join Rolls-Royce.”

As Vice President Innovation, Engineering and Technology, Oskar Levander will focus on innovation and the development of future technologies. Oskar joins Rolls-Royce from the Wärtsilä Corporation where he most recently worked as Director of Concept Design and Marine Lifecycle Solutions.

Oskar Levander, Rolls-Royce, Vice President Innovation, Engineering and Technology said:

“The Rolls-Royce commitment to long term research and technology development is inspiring. This focus on future technologies provides a unique opportunity to revolutionize the efficiency and performance of the marine industry. I look forward to drawing on the vast knowledge and expertise of Rolls-Royce.”

As SVP Global Engineering Services, Peter Dörrich will contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering processes. Peter joins from Saab Automobile AB where he has worked in Sweden, Japan and the US. His most recent position was Vehicle Chief Engineer, and in 2011 Peter was declared the most respected manager in Sweden by a major trades union.

Peter Dörrich, SVP Engineering Services: “To join one of the most prestigious brands in the world is very exciting. With my thirty years of experience working with product development, globally within the automotive industry I’m committed to focussing on customers, quality and efficiency. Great leadership and teamwork at Rolls-Royce has created a culture of success resulting in a world class customer experience.”