Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi

Now that I have a Tech II

I bought one from Jeff and it came yesterday. I have 2 01 9 5's and this Tech II is a standalone for all Saabs from 88 to 2002 (Ithink) and after 2002 model years it would need a Candi Adapter and a new Card good thru 2005 after which it can only be used thru a subscription. A little confusing. Anyway, now that I have it and have spent most of the morning reading how to to use it I am not sure why I bought it

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    If you do a lot of work on Saabs and know how to use it, it's an invaluable tool. For someone who just wants to be able to check/clear codes, it's probably overkill.
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    How much did you pay for it - and how much do you want for it? I know how to use it and can put it to continued use
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Arc 2006 9-3 SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    I bought one from Jeff and it came yesterday. I have 2 01 9 5's and this Tech II is a standalone for all Saabs from 88 to 2002 (Ithink) and after 2002 model years it would need a Candi Adapter and a new Card good thru 2005 after which it can only be used thru a subscription. A little confusing. Anyway, now that I have it and have spent most of the morning reading how to to use it I am not sure why I bought it
    I think the CANDI isn't needed for additional model years. I have access to a Tech 2 through work and I bought one of the cards, preprogrammed with the Saab service program via eBay. I have an 04 ARC and don't need the CANDI at all and am able to talk to all the modules. There was a message on startup, that I don't remember right off, but I think it said specifically to not use the CANDI module for less than My 2006. The card doesn't require any subscription. What you may see is that your card only has up to 2005 programmed, and you need the subscription to update it with newer model years. But once updated, no additional subscription is needed,