Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1995 900SE Turbo

Sunroof problems

to start, i need a new sunroof, and the track assembley to move the glass. I need to get the old tracks out, how do i go about doing this? i need some kind of step by step document to help me out here, also if theres anywhere i could get the glass peice and tracks for cheaper than i can get locally, (about 200 for the glass and the price on the tracks is coming) it would be much appriceated.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    First get a case of beer - start drinking
    Then remove the headliner
    Curse a little about a little dirty on it and almost breaking it into two
    Then locate the two 10mm - or could be 8mm - can't see straight - 5 beers in already
    Shit - Y am I removing my headlinger neway?
    Remove whole...assembly
    replace what's broke
    Reinstall - get more beer
    Finish next afternoon when sober

Hope the fact in that helps - otherwise stand by for the step by step
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    [FONT=Verdana]Sunroof assembly
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]To remove[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Note[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]It is recommended that 2 people carry out steps 6 and 7.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]1.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Remove the inner roof, see Service Manual, 8:2 Interior equipment.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]2.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Remove the four drain hoses from the nipples in the sunroof unit.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]3.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Remove the grounding point for the motor from the interior light console.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]4.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Remove the four retainer bolts that secure the console to the interior lighting and lift out the console.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]5.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Remove the retainer bolts that secure the sunroof unit, leave one bolt at the front edge and one bolt in each rear corner.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]6.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]With assistance, remove the three remaining retainer bolts and lower the sunroof unit together with another person.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]7.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Open the tailgate and lift out the sunroof unit (2 persons).[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]To fit
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Note[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Two persons should work together in steps 1 and 2.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]1.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]With assistance, lift the sunroof unit into position, make sure that unit fits into its guides.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]2.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Tighten a bolt at the front edge and a bolt at each rear corner (2 persons).[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]3.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Fit the console for the interior lighting.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]4.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Fit and tighten the remaining retainer bolts for the sunroof unit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Tightening torque 5 Nm (3.7 lbf ft)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]5.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Connect the grounding point for the motor in the console for the interior lighting.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]6.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Fit the four drain hoses onto the nipples.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]7.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Refit the inner roof, see Service Manual 8:2 Interior equipment.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]8.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Check the function.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I've taken the sun-roof out by myself, and I had pictures of it here (http://saabworld.net/f71/sunroof-rem...00-9-3-a-1908/) but they seem to have disappeared. Once you get the headliner out, I basically opened up all the doors, and ran some paracord around the roof on the car. One side, to the other side, and tied them off. I made them as tight as possible, so they would hold the sunroof up as I undid all the bolts. Then I folded down the back seat, and pulled the entire sunroof out the hatch.

To get the headliner off, it's not a very hard job, but you'll want a friend to keep it from folding and causing creases. Just remove all the handles (4 of them) with a torx driver, the rear view mirror with a torx driver once you pop off the plastic cover, the A-pillar covers (pop right off), remove that trim that goes around the sunroof opening (careful, don't put a permanent bend in it), the plastic trim covering the sunroof motor, and just loosen the rear and side pillar covers enough to get the headliner off. Don't forget you'll have lights hooked in there, so don't go yanking it out. You'll have to reach above the headliner and unplug these suckers.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig