Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Article: Anatomy of the Saab 9-3 from Flash Engineering and TTA race information

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I don't know much about race car development but it appears there aren't many parts that are also used in the regular cars. Besides the exterior styling, is there anything else from the regular 9-3?

Saab(s)
    9-3 SC Linear MY08
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I don't know much about race car development but it appears there aren't many parts that are also used in the regular cars. Besides the exterior styling, is there anything else from the regular 9-3?
    The chassis of the TTA-cars are specially made for the series and the same for all cars. Meaning the only difference between the cars (SAAB 9-3, Volvo s60, Citroen C5(?) ) is the body.
    The v6 engine for example is based on a NISMO-engine.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Thanks for the explanation linken. So it basically is a marketing tool to get the Saab name on the track and in the media. Which is kind of odd because I don't see what Saab Parts can gain from this. There aren't any more Saabs being made so it is not about increasing sales.

Saab(s)
    9-3 SC Linear MY08
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Thanks for the explanation linken. So it basically is a marketing tool to get the Saab name on the track and in the media. Which is kind of odd because I don't see what Saab Parts can gain from this. There aren't any more Saabs being made so it is not about increasing sales.
    I think the decision from the two teams to use SAAB body shells is an homage to the brand.

"Jag är mycket stolt över att ha varit en del av SAAB. Jag tycker att initiativet av Flash Engineering att hedra Saab med en tävlingsbil är fantastiskt och man förstår vad mycket känslor det finns runt Saab hos hela svenska folket, säger Jan-Åke Jonsson, vd för Saab Automobile AB från 2005 till 2011."
    in english:"I am very proud to have been part of SAAB. I think the initiative of Flash Engineering to honor Saab with a race car is fantastic and you understand what a lot of emotions there are about Saab of the entire Swedish population, said Jan-Ake Jonsson, managing director of Saab Automobile AB from 2005 to 2011." copied from flash engineerings webpage