Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chad Wall
    Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-5
    So, I'm still not sure where that hose attaches. I recently replaced the coolant bypass valve and may have pulled it loose then. I'll determine what it connects to this weekend.

I did get the p1110 code to go away. I used the bolt mod as seen here. SAAB Secret: Retrieve Lost Turbo Pressure for FREE in Less Than a Minute | Econmancer

Christopher
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero Wagon
    My 2004 9-5 Aero recently displayed a Check Engine light and the P1110 code. So, I came to this thread looking for some guidance. After reading the above posts I lifted the hood and looked for disconnected and/or broken hoses, but didn't see anything. I started the car and began to listen for vacuum leaks, but didn't hear anything at first. After about a minute or two I heard what sounded like a relay or a solenoid click from the area around the throttle body then a sucking sound started. It was hard to tell where the sound was coming from so I took the metal bits off of the end of my mechanics stethoscope thinking I could isolate the sound with pin-point listening, but no luck.

It took me about ten minutes of leaning over with my ear close to the engine, moving from one side of the engine compartment to the other and back again, and wiggling hoses to discover that one of the hoses had rubbed on something enough to produce a hole. At one point it stopped making noise because the rotational twist in the hose must have sealed the leak. Frustrating! After spending 4$ on a length of new vacuum hose and clearing the code, all is well.

Thanks everyone!

Name:  P1110.jpg
Views: 10009
Size:  37.7 KB

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Chad. That hose that comes off the T goes to a valve on the intake manifold and then to a thing on the injector rail. It's tough to see.
    Look closely at the picture.
    The other hoses off the T go, down behind the break booster to a check valve then to something low on the firewall. The other goes to the same thing the hose from the throttle body goes to, just the other side of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab Arc 2.3 Turbo
    What size bolt did you use to plug the hose?

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    You will need to check out that link. http://www.econmancer.com/?p=65
    Here is a Quote from it. "Here is how I plugged the vacuum line; I found a bolt that was the right diameter and cut it down to about an inch long. I then painted the head to make it look nicer. It’s that easy."
    Just use one that the threads don't go all the way to the head.
    I have not done this mod. But I may.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2000 wagon
    Just got this code. I have begun to DREAD my 9-5 2000 5 speed. Its isolated P1110- there are no other accompanying codes , unless my OBD2 ( which is a standard scanner ) itself is short.
    Some antecdents to this :--
    -- Few days ago , on hot afternoons, after the car lay for a while, on starting I could see bluish grey fumes come off the exhaust.
    -- Around the same time , driving the car in lower gears felt like its going to stop. kind of laggy as if dragging a ton of weight behind it
    -- Code showed up on a monsoon day with high humidity.
    By and Large would the common conclusion be that the valve needs to change.
    All SAAB parts have to be ordered - AZ et all do not like to carrying SAAB & then I have to drive it 60 miles to my mechanic, after I get the part. ( I am no good at ripping through the hood unless I see it done a few times ) . Would I be ok at 40-45 max mph.
    What does this valve do. In the absence of this valve is there an alternate mechanism that kicks in and can that remain in place for sometime .
    Are there some OTHER parts besides the valve that would help - just in case we open another can of worms . As would be evident, all these would need to be ordered before I can start work.
    Thanks

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieger007 View Post
    Just got this code. I have begun to DREAD my 9-5 2000 5 speed. Its isolated P1110- there are no other accompanying codes , unless my OBD2 ( which is a standard scanner ) itself is short.
    Some antecdents to this :--
    -- Few days ago , on hot afternoons, after the car lay for a while, on starting I could see bluish grey fumes come off the exhaust.
    -- Around the same time , driving the car in lower gears felt like its going to stop. kind of laggy as if dragging a ton of weight behind it
    -- Code showed up on a monsoon day with high humidity.
    By and Large would the common conclusion be that the valve needs to change.
    All SAAB parts have to be ordered - AZ et all do not like to carrying SAAB & then I have to drive it 60 miles to my mechanic, after I get the part. ( I am no good at ripping through the hood unless I see it done a few times ) . Would I be ok at 40-45 max mph.
    What does this valve do. In the absence of this valve is there an alternate mechanism that kicks in and can that remain in place for sometime .
    Are there some OTHER parts besides the valve that would help - just in case we open another can of worms . As would be evident, all these would need to be ordered before I can start work.
    Thanks
    I can't make sense of the above.
    Here is a link to another saab site that talks about the P1110 code specifically. P1110 code - SaabCentral Forums
    I would start by changing the vacuum lines and parts afterwards.
    this is a task that anyone can do. Do one at a time only. Unplug old hose, plug new hose into spot that you just made available. Follow the old hose to the end. Unplug it and plug in the new. Do that until all the hoses are new.
    Good luck.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson

Saab(s)
    2003 95 Linear

P1110 alarm code

Quote Originally Posted by writerchad View Post
    still couldn't find a nipple.

The alarm came up after in my 2003 95 after I took my car back from the garage for a thermostat replacement because of engine overheat issue. I've rescheduled a return visit. Did you eventually reinstate the unattached hose and make the alarm disappear?

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by sptsang View Post
    The alarm came up after in my 2003 95 after I took my car back from the garage for a thermostat replacement because of engine overheat issue. I've rescheduled a return visit. Did you eventually reinstate the unattached hose and make the alarm disappear?
    You have a hose that is disconnected or has a hole in it. Just replace all the vacuum hoses. Any parts store will be able to help you figure out what size hose. Yes the code will disappear after a few days.
    Good luck.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson

Saab(s)
    9-5

Hose loose

Quote Originally Posted by writerchad View Post
    still couldn't find a nipple.
    I know the thead is old but I have the same issue but I can't find where it goes.