Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by swisssaabist View Post
    let Dave playing for you it seems so easy so you win it's your turn ( funny memories for me,i was soooo many time there when i have been in the Army, one night we are fire director tube during a night fire ( enlightening the goal zone facing us with star shells) the ground was so frozen it was not possible to use integrated shovels like we do in normal ground so we have been using ice grip with brakes on. the fire starting by us, the first shell arrive at the zone, step by step the gun ripped off and slide on a side, the results was the shells have been cross the ridge and illuminate the Saas Fee valley ( just on the side of Cervin, Zermatt valley) so finally the main load with explosive ones of the rest of the guns have been targeting on completely in the dark. total failure !!!
    every man present starting to laugh loudly a good memories all forgetting the polar temperatures staying at this place. we have been few days after building Igloos for sleeping a night in ...that time not so funny ...
    I wondered if there was a story to the location chosen - glad I was right there also (didn't know the detail OBVIOUSLY!)
    Will have a new picture as soon as I finish my current task - to-day (Sunday).
    TTFN

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    that's the ordnance gun we have used 10.5 cm Howitzer (Bofors Licence) 1946 in 1985 Swiss army is very conservative with his stuff retired in 1995. don't be fooled by the small size this one weighted 1850 kg

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Name:  Alps 4 copy.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  22.0 KBWhere am I NOW?

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Heu at the mountain ? Swiss Alps ?

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Yes - taken from Route des Cretes, above Colmar in the Vosges.
    Back to Switzerland.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    let Dave playing for you it seems so easy so you win it's your turn ( funny memories for me,i was soooo many time there when i have been in the Army, one night we are fire director tube during a night fire ( enlightening the goal zone facing us with star shells) the ground was so frozen it was not possible to use integrated shovels like we do in normal ground so we have been using ice grip with brakes on. the fire starting by us, the first shell arrive at the zone, step by step the gun ripped off and slide on a side, the results was the shells have been cross the ridge and illuminate the Saas Fee valley ( just on the side of Cervin, Zermatt valley) so finally the main load with explosive ones of the rest of the guns have been targeting on completely in the dark. total failure !!!
    every man present starting to laugh loudly a good memories all forgetting the polar temperatures staying at this place. we have been few days after building Igloos for sleeping a night in ...that time not so funny ...
    Hey Bruno.
    If you want to post pictures of places, and not have them identified as fast as you post, you need to strip the link information before you post, https://media.camptocamp.org/c2corg_active/1324475132_1162907406BI.jpg
    For convenience, the Pass was positioned at the Baumann Eagle statue of Faulensee
    The geographic pass has an altitude of 2008 m
    The Simplon is one of the main passages to cross the Alps
    The pass itself is an alp with little relief, unlike the outlets on the valleys which are steep

or like the picture that followed William Tell, put it in your own file and name it "Where Today" Alps 4 jpg

It doesn't take long for saabworld to generate it's own link ID to replace the one you posted with and looking at the metadata adds a couple minutes of time to identifying the source <metaname="keywords"content="switzerland, canton, altdorf, front, fountain, erected, william, statue, place, world"/> and even when you strip all info from the link, if the image came from the internet it will have its source imbedded in the HEX code that creates the image.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Hey Bruno.
    If you want to post pictures of places, and not have them identified as fast as you post, you need to strip the link information before you post, https://media.camptocamp.org/c2corg_active/1324475132_1162907406BI.jpg
    For convenience, the Pass was positioned at the Baumann Eagle statue of Faulensee
    The geographic pass has an altitude of 2008 m
    The Simplon is one of the main passages to cross the Alps
    The pass itself is an alp with little relief, unlike the outlets on the valleys which are steep

or like the picture that followed William Tell, put it in your own file and name it "Where Today" Alps 4 jpg

It doesn't take long for saabworld to generate it's own link ID to replace the one you posted with and looking at the metadata adds a couple minutes of time to identifying the source <metaname="keywords"content="switzerland, canton, altdorf, front, fountain, erected, william, statue, place, world"/> and even when you strip all info from the link, if the image came from the internet it will have its source imbedded in the HEX code that creates the image.
    Hi Digger, Thanks for the in-site. I either knew the statue / view from the 'signals' and used Mr Google to search for the actual answer. I 'knew' it was William Tell and son - so I Googled for that alone. As for my picture of the Alps - it was taken a couple of years ago. As for the speed of getting an answer - this can depend also on the time zones we are in (and therefore time available to do the search). It is fun and enjoyable and I apologise for hogging the correct answers this week-end.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Okay Boys rhe next will be absolutely unknow i have been lazy on the last two i recognize it

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Okay Boys rhe next will be absolutely unknow i have been lazy on the last two i recognize it
    Don't do yourself down! It is fun but we all like the challenge to be possible! My picture is taken over the Rhine Valley (in the mist!), then the Black Forest with The Alps in the far distance.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Name:  unknow bridge.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  78.8 KB