Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
    Thank you. Im going to order this around november 10th and see if that fixes the problem. Is it alright to use my car just to get to and from work for now?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
    well i cannot get on my post keeps linking me here...nvm it was merged

anyways. this should be the correct part for my 2003 saab 9-3? I know alot of them dont work but if im not mistaken this one is confirmed working for my car?
    Last edited by WiCkeDx97; 01 November 2017 at 02:02.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
    Also says in this article on saabcentral http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=535961
    that i should not purchase those because they may not work. Are they wrong. I dont want to buy a 400$ part and end up with it not working.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I don't know if they are wrong or not. All I know is eEuro is a reliable supplier and they won't sell you the wrong OEM parts.

You can also order from Orio (the supplier of OEM Saab parts) directly but they are a little bit more expensive.

http://www.thesaabsite.com/search.php?search=12787707

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3

Check Engine Light - P1312, 2008 9-3

I was previously having issues with having lights blow every month or so (headlights, rear brake lights, etc), kept replacing spark plugs, etc. I don't remember the code it was throwing off then but I believe it was also something to do with the coil. At some point I also replaced the catalytic converter. Didn't drive it for 6mo, but finally got around to scrapping the entire engine, and putting another one in. It's throwing the same code P1312, came
    on as it was driven off the lot, no other codes. Check engine light is on again... I'm no mechanic, and will be contacting the shop in the morning. I was just wondering what could be the cause and what may need to be replaced? And how much it may cost? Or if I should wait it out since the engine was replaced?
    Last edited by nordwulf; 01 February 2018 at 05:28. Reason: Merged thread with main P1312 thread

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3
    Also, the inspection sticker expires this month (January), would this be grounds for a red rejection sticker? Or just the 60 day rejection?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Aftermarket coil packs do this when new, bad plugs, wrong plugs and plugs with wrong gap do this too.
    When you replaced the engine did you reuse, how much of the old electronics IE: ION module, coil packs, engine harness from the old engine?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3
    Okay, so I spoke to the mechanic. They left the old coil pack from the previous engine in. I'm not sure about the ion module or engine harness, I'll ask when the car gets dropped off. They kept the coil pack from the newer engine so they will be swapping them out to see if this corrects the issue.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovein View Post
    I was previously having issues with having lights blow every month or so (headlights, rear brake lights, etc), kept replacing spark plugs, etc. I don't remember the code it was throwing off then but I believe it was also something to do with the coil. At some point I also replaced the catalytic converter. Didn't drive it for 6mo, but finally got around to scrapping the entire engine, and putting another one in. It's throwing the same code P1312, came
    on as it was driven off the lot, no other codes. Check engine light is on again... I'm no mechanic, and will be contacting the shop in the morning. I was just wondering what could be the cause and what may need to be replaced? And how much it may cost? Or if I should wait it out since the engine was replaced?

Ok, so, the coils are direct from Saab, were replaced a few times last year, they even switched them around to see if it was a specific one but it was the same code. Car is now having issues with acceleration... Driven for 100miles today after engine was replaced

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Aftermarket coil packs do this when new, bad plugs, wrong plugs and plugs with wrong gap do this too.
    When you replaced the engine did you reuse, how much of the old electronics IE: ION module, coil packs, engine harness from the old engine?
    They reused the old coil packs, and it doesn't look like they replaced the old electronics, if any. They did replace the turbo