Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

leak

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    did you find anything? Were you able to fix it or did you have to take it in?
    Yes, I did figure it out, and ended up having to take it in to the dealer as well. The line runs down the inside of the "A"-pillar into the firewall. The service manual that the dealer gave me said the you replaced the hose by putting a new one in through the "air deflector panel" (this is accessed by removing the plastic panel under the wipers).

I had an afternoon to work on the car before a business trip -- I removed the A-pillar inside trim (has the speaker in it) by pulling carefully to remove the clips -- by doing this (and loosening the headliner) I could see that the hose was attached correctly to the sunroof, but could not see where the hose drained. I removed one wiper and checked through the air deflector paned, and couldn't see the hose connection. I also checked under the A-pillar outside trim and trim under the front fender -- neither provided any access.

When I pulled back the passenger carpet and sound-deadening foam, I found quite a bit of water, and that the carpet and foam were both soaked. The foam goes across the center console, so I'd need to cut it to remove (which I still might do as I am waiting for it to dry -- been most of a week). The passenger seat would also need to be removed to take out the front carpet and it's a bit of a hassle to access all four nuts that hold down the front -- the two T-50 bolts holding down the back are easy to remove (with an impact driver).

With rain coming and no garage or cover available, I decided to take the car into the dealer to finish the job. They had been great in emailing me some directions from the service manual. They ended up spending 3 hours (and gave me a discounted shop rate), and removing the glove box to access where the hose connects -- even then it was difficult to access because it's behind the heater unit and up under the right front part of the windshield. Because everything was still so wet, I took the car back and am waiting to put everything back together when it dries out. I've been busy so have not had any time to finish up (and it's still not dry). I may remove the seat, so I can take out the carpet, let it fully dry and spray it with Febreze so it doesn't smell. I'd also cut the foam and let it fully dry. The car no longer leaks so it's drying -- I might take a couple of pictures to post since it's still apart.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I took mine to the dealer and was charged for 3 hours of labor as well

this sure is starting to seem like something that happened at the factory and should be corrected on their dime, regardless of if they are warrantying the cars or not.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I e-mailed gm customer service regarding a steering noise issue that is common on SRX vehicles.

Their Response was contact Saab North America.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    [FONT=Times New Roman]All warranty repairs must be performed by a dealership in the Saab Dealership Network. According to my GM resources, GM had no involvement in the sale and marketing of 2010MY and newer Saab vehicles in the United States and has no warranty or other obligations with respect to those vehicles. Therefore, we urge customers who have concerns with respect to their 2010MY and newer Saab vehicles to address these concerns with Saab Cars North America. I apologize if this inconveniences you![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Katie[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Cadillac Customer Service[/FONT]

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    I had to take mine in for this as well. Its fixed, but I need to call them because my sunroof now makes noise (like rubber screeching) when I open/close it. I'm not sure if its related, but It did not make noise before.

I know as I type this that its a waste of energy because it won't make a bit of difference, but maybe I'll feel better afterwards.

I realize and understand the Gm party line on the 10/11 warranty issue, but there are some things that appear to be issues in the assembly process which is them, not sales or marketing. At some point there should be a modicum of effort to correct things.

There.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I hear you

What I do want to know is who addresses Recalls, for the SRX there seems to be quite a bit of recalls. For the 9-4x I don't see any as thats probably saabs responsibility.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    I know as I type this that its a waste of energy because it won't make a bit of difference, but maybe I'll feel better afterwards.

I realize and understand the Gm party line on the 10/11 warranty issue, but there are some things that appear to be issues in the assembly process which is them, not sales or marketing. At some point there should be a modicum of effort to correct things.

There.
    I agree with you that GM Built the 9-4x, GM should stand behind their work and product. Unfortunately for us, I think the problem is that GM Sold the 9-4x to SAAB Cars, who in turn sold it to us. So GM's responsibility would be to Saab Cars, not us.

Its just like if there is a Western Digital hard drive inside my PS3, and it dies, WD wont replace it, I have to get Sony to.

And I say this, hearing a noise in my front end starting last night, that changes pitch with speed, but does not change pitch with Engine RPM. So there is a chance I have a big problem, that I will have to foot the bill to fix I wish I knew what was going on with SCNA, SPNA, or that suit filed in Delaware against SCNA.

I also wish that GM would realize the value of the "good will" in honoring the warranty issues on the '10-'11 vehicles, and how it would likely sway Saab drivers towards GM vehicles in the future, rather than pushing us away. Even if they only did it for only those vehicles GM actually built or assembled. Especially when there are so few '10-'11 Saab's on the road.