Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    I wish I knew what was going on with SCNA, SPNA, or that suit filed in Delaware against SCNA.
    It looks like the bankruptcy court case is still going on. I followed the case for a while but it is mostly dry legal stuff. Donlin Recano - Saab

It is my understanding SCNA doesn't exist anymore. SPNA is a completely separate company and has no warranty obligations for '10/11 owners. GM couldn't care less about the handful of disgruntled Saab owners.

GM / US Govt Should take Responsibilty

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    I agree with you that GM Built the 9-4x, GM should stand behind their work and product. Unfortunately for us, I think the problem is that GM Sold the 9-4x to SAAB Cars, who in turn sold it to us. So GM's responsibility would be to Saab Cars, not us.

Its just like if there is a Western Digital hard drive inside my PS3, and it dies, WD wont replace it, I have to get Sony to.

And I say this, hearing a noise in my front end starting last night, that changes pitch with speed, but does not change pitch with Engine RPM. So there is a chance I have a big problem, that I will have to foot the bill to fix I wish I knew what was going on with SCNA, SPNA, or that suit filed in Delaware against SCNA.
    On the hard drive issue, I've found that Western Digital and other hard drive companies usually do warranty any of their hard drives -- at least that's my experience. If I have a computer that had a 1 year warranty and a hard drive in it that had a 5 year warranty I've just sent it in directly to the hard drive company and gotten a new one.

Regarding GM responsibility for warranty on SAAB 9-4x -- I believe that they, and their principal owners, the US government, should take full responsibility for warranty coverage. If anybody got anything out of the 9-4x it was GM, although I don't know how many were fully paid. If this was a larger group of owners the government would make GM provide warranty -- it's a tiny percentage of the government loans. In many ways GM forced SAAB out of business, although I'm not sure the Chinese money would have made the difference in the long run. The only reason GM doesn't take on the warranty issue is because they can legally, and I think to tell all the SAAB loyalists just what they think of them.

Really sorry to hear about the problem with your car -- hope it's nothing serious.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    GM couldn't care less about the handful of disgruntled Saab owners.
    Unless you walk into A GM showroom wanting to buy a new vanilla-machine. Then some bleached-tooth salesman who drank too much of GM's Kool Aid will extole all the virtues of a Malibu, sell you one with a turbo charged four cylinder (hmmmm, I wonder where GM though of that!) and care about you only as long as your warranty is valid.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    AFAIK, everyone who bought a new 9-4X had to sign a waiver which stated he/she understood there was no warranty.

That required a huge leap of faith, but on the other hand, none of the ten or twelve Saabs I've owned, including my wife's '05 9-5 have ever required major warranty service. It is to be hoped the 9-4X will be as reliable for her.

jack vines

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    AFAIK, everyone who bought a new 9-4X had to sign a waiver which stated he/she understood there was no warranty.
    I certainly didn't sign anything like that, nor did the dealer inform me of the possibility that the warranty would go away. I purchased mine the last few days of Sept 2011, and picked it up first few days of Oct. (I forget the exact days, I traded 2 cars in, and had to return to Delaware to get the 2nd one before could officially pick up the 9-4x).

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Ditto I got mine used too

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The company went bankrupt in December 2011 so owners who bought one before that time got the (Spyker) Saab warranty. Most dealers that sold new Saabs after the bankruptcy, sold the new Saab as used without warranty (As-is). I think that may have been the only legal way for them.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post

That required a huge leap of faith, but on the other hand, none of the ten or twelve Saabs I've owned, including my wife's '05 9-5 have ever required major warranty service. It is to be hoped the 9-4X will be as reliable for her.

jack vines
    I took delivery of my Moreland Bronze 9-4X Premium on 31 Aug 11 with SAAB warranty and haven't looked back. We just rolled over 25K miles this week.

I've had one warranty repair in that time.

I'm lucky though ... my SAAB dealer/Service Center is still in business and still honoring the Saab/Spyker warranty as well as performing free scheduled service for all customers who bought cars from them over the years. They now get to service my three SAABS ... the 9-4X and a 2010 9-5 Aero, both under "warranty"/"free scheduled service" and my TurboX SportCombi. They will get all my future SAAB purchases, no matter where I may be living in the country, for their support over the past three years.

Just to be clear about my earlier post, I was referring to warranting assembly issues, which I believe this is. Not saying they should warrant everything. While that would be nice, I know I rolled the dice with this car.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x
    Not to interupt the warranty discussion but,

I also had the issue with the sunroof drain leaking into the foot well. I took the car into the shop cause the wife had an accident and they noticed it was wet under the dash. Neither of us ever saw the carpet wet. My guy told me the water was leaking into a cover which has insulation on it located behind the glove box. He told me that under the cover was some electronics. He was not sure what they were to but they had some rust in them so the drain had been leaking for a while. Just like everyone else it was either not hooked up or came loose. He feels confident that it won't happen again which makes me believe that it fits on tightly and was probably never attached. Does anyone know what the electric box he is taking about contains and what a part number might be for it?