Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    For those scoring at home, this repair is not covered by SAAB Secure Preferred Care (2nd tier from top, out of the 4 tiers) warranty.

Saab(s)
    $275 later and the passenger side front floor leak is no more. No broken grommets...the drain line shrunk and was on the shorter side to begin with. Their fix was to heat up the line and stretch it. Nice thing about having a Saab Service Center do it ... the 2 year warranty on the repair.

hmm, mine was repaired less than two years ago by a saab dealer. what if you aren't living near them any more, will another one fix it?

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    hmm, mine was repaired less than two years ago by a saab dealer. what if you aren't living near them any more, will another one fix it?
    Do you mean will a non-saab dealer fix it? I'd say yes ... expecially an independent, but probably some Caddy dealers too ... just take them the "fix" instructions from this forum and they'll know what to do.

Saab(s)
    Has anyone had this leak problem on the driver's side? My dealer offered to stretch the tubing on that side too as a precaution, but it would have been almost double the labor charge. I've only heard of folks having issues on the passenger side.

thats an interesting point. i haven't had it on that side nor have i seen a post about it. its funny i never even considered it a potential problem that could occur not he other side, but i suppose it could!

as for my other question, i meant would another former saab dealer turned repair center cover the fix free of charge because it was done by another saab repair center?

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    thats an interesting point. i haven't had it on that side nor have i seen a post about it. its funny i never even considered it a potential problem that could occur not he other side, but i suppose it could!

as for my other question, i meant would another former saab dealer turned repair center cover the fix free of charge because it was done by another saab repair center?
    I would guess that if it was fixed two years ago, that was before they started doing a 2-year warranty on parts and labor. They only started doing that within the past 2-3 months. So my guess would be "no" but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    Do you mean will a non-saab dealer fix it? I'd say yes ... expecially an independent, but probably some Caddy dealers too ... just take them the "fix" instructions from this forum and they'll know what to do.
    Yes, I just got the driver's side problem and don't know what's required to get to the end of the hose -- mine is green on the driver's side -- it's orange on the passenger side which I had "fixed" at the dealer then fixed myself later. I'm guessing the hose is loose like the passenger side since I'm getting lots of water. I am looking up from under the dash and can see the green hose but can not reach it. I took off the A-pillar panel (with speaker) but didn't try pulling the hose up to see if it's loose -- maybe that's next.

Has anybody fixed the driver's side?

spookyfrank
    What is so different on the driver's side other than the color of the hose and maybe less space to get to the end of the hose? I did it DIY on the passenger's side with an additional hose and a clip, both bought at Home Depot. Took the existing hose and cut it, extended it with the much more flexible new plastic hose by using the hose clip and pushed it back through the hole in the firewall using a dry cleaning hanger. It took me a while and some patience but worked perfectly. If it'll ever happen on the driver side, I'd do the same. Cost is less than 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyfrank View Post
    What is so different on the driver's side other than the color of the hose and maybe less space to get to the end of the hose? I did it DIY on the passenger's side with an additional hose and a clip, both bought at Home Depot. Took the existing hose and cut it, extended it with the much more flexible new plastic hose by using the hose clip and pushed it back through the hole in the firewall using a dry cleaning hanger. It took me a while and some patience but worked perfectly. If it'll ever happen on the driver side, I'd do the same. Cost is less than 5 bucks.
    Yes, the biggest challenge on the driver's side is less access from the inside -- I don't know exactly how to loosen the top of the dash so that I can push back in the grommet. I did take out the wiper motor and found that the grommet had slipped back inside. I'm going to try to insert another hose and slip it over the original just like I did on the other side -- I tried to get the grommet to go back into the firewall but couldn't get access from underneath -- don't want to break any clips on the dash that might create rattles so have been hesitant to fully try to loosen the top of the dash under the windshield. My hose on the passenger side is orange on the driver's side it's green. No rain this week but need to get it finished soon as the rain may come back to Seattle soon.