Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

The worldwide adventures of Moosey

Hello everybody, I would like to introduce Moosey, the newest SaabWorld member. Moosey originally comes from Sweden and he decided to travel around the world. You don't see a moose travelling by himself quite often so I offered him to ride along in my Saab to see more of the world together. I told him about the awesome members at SaabWorld and he suggested some of the members may want to show him more of the world as well. He would enjoy the camaraderie and be more than happy to share his experiences with everyone.

So here is the plan. Moosey spends a couple of weeks with a SaabWorld member. He/she will show Moosey around the place where they live, take him on any trips and make sure he has a good time. Pictures of these adventures together with a story would be very important. Perhaps they can take them to some Saab events anywhere in the world. Travel in and pictures of their Saabs are equally important as well. Moosey loves Sweden and Saabs!

When it is time for Moosey to go to the next member, the member will make travel arrangements (mail) and pay for his expenses (postage) to make sure he gets to his next destination. Perhaps some SW members will meet and they can exchange Moosey at that time.

If you want to take Moosey in for a short while, meet your friends, show him the place where you live or take him on trips, post in this thread.

There is only one Moosey and we greatly care about him. Make sure to keep him clean and don't let him out of your sight. He doesn't like to get lost. He likes children and other animals but he's a bit delicate and easily gets hurt. He has a long journey ahead so make sure he remains clean and in one piece.

So.... where in the world is Moosey?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Moosey is in Michigan, of course. I wanted to go on a short trip during the Memorial Day weekend and decided to head north.

Buckle up Moosey, safety first. Saabs are moose-tested but that's only when a Saab hits a moose. Not when a moose sits inside. Don't worry, none of your family was ever hurt by a Saab.

First stop was at the Mackinaw Bridge, one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. No, you can't get ride along on the roof so please get inside.

He didn't want to stay in his seat so decided to climb on the dash for a better view.

Roads in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan are long and straight so he was jumping around the car out of pure boredom.

Do you really have to hang from the mirror? "You're a moose, not a monkey!"

Yeah, that's much better...

"Can I drive, can I, can I?"
    "No Moosey, you don't have a drivers license"
    "But your dad let you sit on his lap and hold the wheel when you were a little boy!"
    "Yeah, you're right.. Well... just for a little while then.

All right, time to settle down now so back in your seat.

Of course he had a hard time sitting still and wanted to listen to some music. What are we listening to Moosey? Please, not Abba again..!

Moosey was very impressed with Lake Superior. We stopped at the outlook point in Munising and enjoyed the view.

Moosey was impressed and I can only imagine the thoughts that were going through his little head. Must have been the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore that made him sit and ponder for a while.

Frank
    Saab(s)

List of members to show Moosey around the world

If you would like to be part of Moosey's adventures and take him in for a few weeks and show him a good time, please reply in this post and mention the location you're at or going to. I'll keep a master list and history in this post.

Done

1) Frank - Boyne City, Michigan, USA
    2) Jeff - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
    3) Renato - Ansbach, Bavaria, Germany
    4) Me - Canandaigua, New York, USA

Next

5) Tweek's Turbos - Virginia
    6) Finding41 - Ontario
    7) Colombo - Belgium
    Last edited by nordwulf; 09 October 2013 at 13:27. Reason: updated the list

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I passed this roadside attraction Lakenenland many times but never stopped. It caught Moosey's eye as well and insisted we stop and take a look. It's basically sculptures made by a metal worker and you can drive or walk through there without charge. I couldn't keep Moosey in the car and before I know it, he was climbing all over these sculptures.

He made a friend already.

Take me to the moon!

Friends from outer space.

Giddy up!

That's just crazy..

Better hold on for this wild ride.

Yee Ha!

After this wild ride ended, it was time to move on and head towards a place to stop for the night. We made a quick stop at Da Yoopers Tourist Trap but they were already closed. I guess Moosey will have to see that some other time.

More adventures of Moosey tomorrow.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I'll take him... I have some plans this summer, so he might get to see several places!

Put me down for New York, USA.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Sign me up. If he comes here in late July he might even hitch a ride to Korea with me. I'm in Ansbach, Germany.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Postage to APO addresses is the same as sending packages domestically. Recommend priority to Ansbach, Germany, particularly if a trip to Korea can also be arranged.

Moosey is sitting on a lot of things outside. Perhaps put him in a plastic bag or his bottom will be soiled before you know it. (Warning: Kids, don't put a bag over your head at home...Kids, don't do this at home)

It would be good if Moosey can visit the southern hemisphere (Australia?). If a journey can be arranged from Germany to Korea to Australia to New York, that would be once around the world.

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    We did something similar at a different forum and it worked out pretty well, as long as people keep it up. Another idea is to throw some lightweight freebies in Moose's box, and it's a take one, leave one type of thing. I got some prancing moose stickers I can send forward.

And Dave is correct about shipping to APO, it's the same as shipping inside the US, Priority Mail is preferred (or it takes foreeeeever).

Frank
    Saab(s)
    It sounds like a good idea to mention a certain time period you would like to have him so you can take him on trips and perhaps Saab events like SOC or intSaab.

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    I won't be going to IntSAAB thanks to my son timing his arrival on this world with IntSAAB... However I plan on going to that SAAB Bavarian Forest Ride in October, it's supposed to be a big event.