Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Justin Graeff

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero

What do you guys think?

Well, after owning a 9-5 Aero for about 3 years, I decided to pick up an addition to my 1 car team. What do you guys think?

I just picked her up today. 1999 Lightning Blue Viggen 2-door (if you couldn't tell from the photos =]) I have always wanted one of these. I would've rather had a 4 door, but you know hard it is to find one of those in 4 door.

So far I love it! I'm definitely keeping my 9-5 Aero as it runs VERY well so I don't want to lose it. The Viggen needs some work, but I think I can manage it. I've got a list of things I want to do, but I think for now it will stay in my garage until I can get around to it. The first thing on the list is get the power steering hose fixed. Looks like the high pressure power steering hose has a pretty big leak. I'm not sure which one it is or how well I could replace it myself, so I'll probably take it in to have it looked at.

It also looks like it has some sort of engine hesitation issue. Seems to lessen as the engine heats up but when I'm at low to mid throttle, it will hesitate and act like it's not boosting/accelerating correctly. When I accelerate, it will hold like it's not accelerating, then suddenly pick up out of nowhere. It's a strange issue. I am going to replace the sparkplugs and see if it helps, but not sure if it will.

And, strangely enough, it sounds like the cabin air filter runs continuously, even when the car is off. It just keeps running and I'm not sure why! Any ideas?

Well, it's good to get back into the forums after being dormant for so long. It's not my fault though, the 9-5 has just been running so well I just don't need to! =]

I hope you all like my new purchase, and some insight on Viggens would be very helpful! I'm looking forward to a long ownership and a some good years with the new car!
    Last edited by justin.graeff; 18 May 2012 at 11:20.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Looks great! Did you find it local? That blue is my favorite color. Those wheels look nice on a Viggen. Are those from ASA? White wheels are something different and actually look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by justin.graeff View Post
    Well, it's good to get back into the forums after being dormant for so long. It's not my fault though, the 9-5 has just been running so well I just don't need to! =]
    Don't ask what the forum and Saab community can do for you. Ask yourself what you can do for the forum and Saab community..!

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Frank has said it, that is the best color on a Viggen, looks great. The white rims are nice too, compliments the blue quite well.

As for the power issue, I would check all your vacuum hoses and all the hoses leading from the turbo to the BPC.

As far as the cabin air staying on all the time, are you talking about that tiny fan next to your cigarette lighter or the actual fan that pumps air into the cabin?
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    Nice looking car and welcome back.

The high pressure p/s line is one of my least favorite repairs, easiest way to do it that I found was to pull off the front bumper and cut it out in sections and then very carefully schlarm the new line back in.

Those wheels if they are the 17" variant are the BBS RK1s with the carbon fibre BBS center caps that were fitted from the factory to a batch of '99 9-5 SEs with the 2.3t and were also offered as an accessory wheel/tire package in the '98/'99 Saab accessory catalog. I have a set on my 900. Not crazy about them in white, but to each his own.
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"