Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Svenska Dagbladet: New Saab bid from Youngman

Sales of Saab Automobile's bankruptcy is to end up. There is some evidence that managers want to get ready a sale before the end of May, therefore, on Thursday.

Chinese Youngman, who last week should have been told by the administrators, the company opted out, will not give up. Sources say the P4 West to Youngman placed a bid higher than before. It should be around four billion and include spare parts company, Saab Parts.

Electric Vehicle Consortium said does not have bid for spare parts company, which should have made Riksgälden worried about not getting back to his claim in the bankruptcy estate.

TTELA reported online that the former owner Victor Muller was on my way to Gothenburg today. According to a source of HH Muller will meet with the administrators to sort out some questions.

Electric Vehicle Consortium National Electric Vehicle Sweden, with companies from Japan and China behind them, are among the stakeholders and their representatives were in the Saab factory on Sunday. But the deal seized because every detail of the National Debt Office, which has assets of two Saab company after solving Saab EIB loans of 2.2 billion, are not clear, Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet writes with reference to an international source.

Read original article in Swedish

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Youngman out and now back in again. I am looking forward to Thursday so things can move forward again.

So we have 3 companies:

1. NEVS
    2. Youngman
    3. Mahindra

My vote is for Youngman. Mahindra is too big (kind of like an Indian GM) and using the Saab name for hybrids and electric vehicles isn't much of a future for enthusiasts.

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    "According to a source of HH Muller will meet with the administrators to sort out some questions."

Like how spyker mysteriosly is profiting oodles of cash.

Jeff
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9.3 conv 2002 , Saab 900T16 1989, Saab 900T8 1981 , Saab 99CC 1977, Saab 95V4 1969 , Saab 96
    Youngman would deserve the victory .They have always showned an incredible motivation for working with Saab and maybe that this time they did it right not to be stopped by GM . An announcement should have been made this week but it's postponed now for reconsidering the Youngman's case I think.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    "According to a source of HH Muller will meet with the administrators to sort out some questions."

Like how spyker mysteriosly is profiting oodles of cash.
    It's no mistery... Spyker unloaded a bunch of bad assets with SAAB's bankrutcy. What I fins amazing is that when you have oodles and oodles of money for investment you can profit even when your business goes down if you know what you're doing. Next year, however, Spyker will be in a bind as their sales are very small so there won't be the cash flow they'd need for further profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfhunter View Post
    Youngman would deserve the victory .They have always showned an incredible motivation for working with Saab and maybe that this time they did it right not to be stopped by GM . An announcement should have been made this week but it's postponed now for reconsidering the Youngman's case I think.
    Youngman has shown lots of enthusiasm for the brand for quite a while. If any of the current bidders looks like a safe choice for SAAB it is Youngman, followed by Mahindra.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-5 Arc, 1999 9-5 V6 ( Sold )
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Youngman out and now back in again. I am looking forward to Thursday so things can move forward again.

So we have 3 companies:

1. NEVS
    2. Youngman
    3. Mahindra

My vote is for Youngman. Mahindra is too big (kind of like an Indian GM) and using the Saab name for hybrids and electric vehicles isn't much of a future for enthusiasts.
    Mahindra will not necessarily be bad for Saab. TATA is much bigger entity and they have done alright by Jag and Landrover

Autoblog: Youngman bids anew for Saab

Filed under: Saab

After withdrawing its original $492 million bid for Saab, Zhejiang Youngman Lotus Automobile has returned to the bidding with a fresh offer of $552 million, according to a report from Bloomberg. Right now, Youngman is bidding for Saab against a group comprised of a Japanese investment firm, Sun Investment and Hong Kong-based National Modern Energy Holdings.

As we told you earlier, the duo of Sun Investment and National Modern Energy Holdings has formed a new company called National Electric Vehicle Sweden, created with the sole purpose of buying up all of Saab's assets.

When approached by Automotive News Europe and Bloomberg, a spokesperson for the bankruptcy administration declined to comment on when a decision would be reached.Youngman bids anew for Saab originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...