I've recently bought some E-code headlights. One's got a very good reflector and will light the road as better than a sealed-beam. The other--not so much. So I'm looking into places to get them re-silvered. These early c900 headlights luckily have metal reflectors, so this makes the process a bit easier.

Of course, I've spent days googling it. My preliminary findings are as follows:
-Chrome plating is a bad idea, because chrome reflects weird bluish spectra and doesn't reflect nearly enough.
-Silver plating is a bad idea, because silver tarnishes.
-Aluminum plating is a bad idea because aluminum oxidizes.
-All electroplating is a bad idea, because the coating would be uneven.

That leaves me with professional headlight resurfacing houses. These guys all talk about aluminum or other alloy coating with a protective overlayer to prevent corrosion or tarnish. It looks quite specialized.
I've found three places that do this:
-VTI industries in New York (looks like they do bigger jobs for companies, not individuals)
-Steve's Auto Restoration (expensive!!)
-A guy in Oregon, William Atwood [uvira@terragon.com], who was quoted on a Volvo forum saying he'd do reflectors for $160 a pair. But he has no website.

I've e-mailed the guy in Oregon, and I'm wondering if anybody on here knows anything more than I do, or has any experience with headlight re-silvering.