Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Does anyone still need these instructions? I can't remember what I sent Brian but you can find a lot of information about the convertible top system here: http://saabworld.net/f146/saab-9-3-c...-system-26204/

Frank, I just sent back the section you sent to me. It's a subsection of the link you supplied above.

Saab(s)
    2001 93 convertible
    I really need those instructions for my hydraulic lines as well...lol I suppose staring at it won't pop it out for me. please help! Thank you!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I thought the documentation for the hydraulic lines was already part of the other instructions but it appears it wasn't. As it seems quite a popular request, info for removing and fitting hydraulic lines has been added here: http://saabworld.net/f146/saab-9-3-c...204/#post44892

Just got the hoses I was looking for. Got them from a guy on EBay, from England. Got the package today. It's the full harness, 2 hyd hoses and the wiring loom. Still in the sealed factory bag with a GM label on it. Should have the top working before this weekend is over. Can't wait!

If anyone else needs these hoses (2004 93 convertible-hoses to front of roof), let me know and I'll send contact info.

Saab(s)
    94 Saab 9-3 convertible
    Brian, I need the same parts and am having no luck on eBay. Can you tell me the contact you bought it from? How did the install go?

The email I have for him is:
    jhcnos_fssy5247rej@members.ebay.co.uk

The install went well, nothing too technical. But give yourself 6 hours or more. The main thing that took time for me is routing the cables and making sure they were well secured but still allowed for movement of the top. Also, the factory part comes with both hydraulic lines and a two wire loom. The wires are for the forward sensor. At the back end as the wires go into the trunk they are bound into a larger wire loom for about 12" and end at a large (blue) connector going to the pump controller box. I did not have a tool to pull the pins on that factory connector. Instead cut the factory wire just outside of the bundle right behind the back seat and spliced the new wires in. Much easier, and it's in a spot where the wires don't move around so it shouldn't be a problem. I soldered but you could use small butt connectors if you want.

If you run into any issues let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 conv turbo

Me too please?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I sent a print-out with instructions from the WIS to your email address. Hope it helps in getting the lines sorted out.
    If you still have this available, may I get this information. I have a 2001 9-3 convertible. Also, I just ordered a "P" hose and it arrived WITHOUT the nut that screws to the cylinder....is this normal, if so, what should we do to get that nut?

Thanks!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 conv turbo
    Should have been posted WITHOUTa connector nut!!!!!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    All the instructions should be in the other thread linked in the previous posts.